Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think most of my acne is from shaving. The hairs become ingrown and turn into little whiteheads.

Anytime I shave I will get those whiteheads 1 day after the shave and its mostly just around my chin and lower lip.

I use a 50$ electric shaver(philips norelco 7310xl) and I have tried the Gillete mach turbo 3 blade razor.

I used to wait a week before shaving but now I'm going to shave everyday with the electric but its very difficult with the whiteheads and sometimes it cuts them and I bleed.

Any suggestions of a razor that will reduce this razor burn and ingrown hair/acne?

I think I maaay have a similar problem.. Probably not. But my forehead is clear as day, yet the rest of my face (where I shave) is infested with acne..

I use an electric razor.. I think I'm gonna try manual and hope I don't cut open most of my acne.

I think most of my acne is from shaving. The hairs become ingrown and turn into little whiteheads.

Anytime I shave I will get those whiteheads 1 day after the shave and its mostly just around my chin and lower lip.

I use a 50$ electric shaver(philips norelco 7310xl) and I have tried the Gillete mach turbo 3 blade razor.

I used to wait a week before shaving but now I'm going to shave everyday with the electric but its very difficult with the whiteheads and sometimes it cuts them and I bleed.

Any suggestions of a razor that will reduce this razor burn and ingrown hair/acne?

never take a razor to acne lesions, you will create a red scar that will last for a long long time.

hey guys,

My suggestion: Lay off the electric razor. I know it can be hard since you paid for them...I have a Norelco too but I still use it to shave my neck since I don't get a haircut very often. I've tried a few different razors myself--Gilette Fusion 5 blade, Bic Disposable 1 blade, Gillette disposable 2 blade, and Gilette Sensor Excel 2 blade-- and I must say that I agree with Dan. The Sensor Excel is by far the most comfortable razor I've used. theyheyman, in your case, I don't think the acne is from actually shaving, but rather from irritation. You have to be gentle when you shave and I know for me, I will break out if I don't shave every day. It's just not good to be breaking those whitehead open...they spread every time you do. I just suggest you get the Sensor Excel and easily go over any active acne while shaving.

Good Luck!

hey guys,

My suggestion: Lay off the electric razor. I know it can be hard since you paid for them...I have a Norelco too but I still use it to shave my neck since I don't get a haircut very often. I've tried a few different razors myself--Gilette Fusion 5 blade, Bic Disposable 1 blade, Gillette disposable 2 blade, and Gilette Sensor Excel 2 blade-- and I must say that I agree with Dan. The Sensor Excel is by far the most comfortable razor I've used. theyheyman, in your case, I don't think the acne is from actually shaving, but rather from irritation. You have to be gentle when you shave and I know for me, I will break out if I don't shave every day. It's just not good to be breaking those whitehead open...they spread every time you do. I just suggest you get the Sensor Excel and easily go over any active acne while shaving.

Good Luck!

I had this problem too, but I ended up finding one at drugstore.com. The problem is that I think this razor is not being produced anymore. Hopefully they continue to make the blades though.