Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That's exactly what I am right now...urgh! I've been on the Regimen for eight weeks now and I want to start using the AHA+ again so bad. I tried it last night and it didn't sting at all, BUT I had flakes everywhere when I woke up this morning. That didn't bother that much cause I got rid of most of them by shaving and a gentle washcloth. Yet, I tried to use the Olay plus 6 drops of jojoba as my morning moisturizer and it remains to be useless! Will the flakiness ever end?

BTW, I use one pump of BP for my cheeks, chin and upper lip; and about one pump (sometimes a little less) for my forehead, nose and throat. Before this morning, my only areas that had noticeable flakes were my chin and corners of nose. Now, both of my cheeks look like a scaly fish. It's just so frustrating!

It will get better the longer you are on the regimen, but it's a gradual process.

For flake prevention, in addition to using a washcloth to rub away flakes in the shower (which you already are doing, so keep that up if it isn't irritating your skin), I've found applying jojoba oil on my skin after washing but before BP to be very helpful.

CAKD: Thanks for the reply. Your advice is always right on target.

WestCoast7: Thanks for your reply too. I have been seriously debating on Cetaphil for a while now, I'm just a little wary. I tried their cream once and didn't have a good experience, but I have heard a lot of great things about the lotion. Have you tried Dan's moisturizer? If so, would you say that the Cetaphil is better for dryness/flakiness? Thanks again!