Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alvin1989

4th Week in the Regimen

I am currently in the 4th day of the 4th week, and I am really worried at some points. My acne has been the worst it has ever been. The good side is, my forehead is completely cleared even from whiteheads, and a major reduction in blackheads and whiteheads in the nose area.

The point here is, the cheek area which is my acne prone area has been breaking out badly since week 1 and although it is much better now I still fear the underlying whiteheads beneath my skin, I am afraid that the whiteheads will eventually turn into a pastule or a cyst as I am already having some sort of depression due to the ones I have now....

Question 1: Does the BP always push whiteheads to the surface?

Question 2: Am I allergic to BP?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

People who are allergic to BP usually experience severe discomfort, swelling, and/or crusting. If you're just breaking out a lot, you're more than likely purging.

The purging process can take a while, and it's totally normal to still be breaking out during the fourth week.

We generally suggest sticking with The Regimen for at least three months before deciding whether or not The Regimen is working for you, because by that time, most people are experiencing fairly significant clearing (keep in mind, though, that everyone's skin is different; some people clear up faster and others clear up more slowly).

The Regimen is a process, not a quick fix, so you have to be patient and give it time to do its job.

I agree with the above post, I am in the 7th week and am still experiencing purging. I know that it isn't fun, but just think that your skin is getting cleaned from the inside out and its just part of the process. Most dermatologists say that acne can take 30-90 days to form, so it should take at least that amount of time to get to somewhat clear skin. Stick with it!

This adamrodriguez kid needs to get out of here, this site revolves around BP treatment, and for most it has brought tremendous results. You shouldn't use this site as a place for your personal crusade against BP, start your own if that's what you want to do.

I have had tremendous success with BP, no scaring, and minimal problems with dryness. The regimen works, it just takes time and confidence, which is sometimes shaken by irrational claims by people such as adamrodriguez.

Personal experience it is not a source. A source in this instance would be medical literature and/or studies that support the claim. If there are indeed sources widely available, find them. Then post.

No assumptions based on personal experience, no spamming products, etc., etc.