Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a little frustrated right now after having a long/bad day today and waiting for another long day tomorrow. But the icing on the cake is I just switched skincare (my old one was irritating my skin) and my skin purged a little bit (some whiteheads that were stuck on my cheek came up for air... ugh). Lame. Should I stick on this new regimen and just wait out the purge? It's driving me a little crazy.

A question for ladies:

I'm debating about going on birth control pills (I really am not a pill fan but they seem to be helpful for some people). What do you think? Should I try the pill? If so which brands do you suggest?

Acne sucks

I don't think it would hurt to go on the pill, I've had doctors suggest that it would work for some acne types. There was a commercial for yaz on tv the other day that mentioned it works well for acne, so I would try that.Good Luck ;)

Hi Jackie,

I've been taking orthotricyclen for 3+ years, and I never once experienced any signs of PMS. My cycle was light, usally very on time, and I didn't really experience breakouts at my time of the month. I switched to tricyclen lo for a month and absolutely hated it! I'm an orthotricyclen girl for sure. =)

I'm a little frustrated right now after having a long/bad day today and waiting for another long day tomorrow. But the icing on the cake is I just switched skincare (my old one was irritating my skin) and my skin purged a little bit (some whiteheads that were stuck on my cheek came up for air... ugh). Lame. Should I stick on this new regimen and just wait out the purge? It's driving me a little crazy.

A question for ladies:

I'm debating about going on birth control pills (I really am not a pill fan but they seem to be helpful for some people). What do you think? Should I try the pill? If so which brands do you suggest?

Acne sucks

I am in the same boat, had to start using glycolic acid products as I'm going for a peel, and now I notice more stuff coming up in my problem areas. Better out than in I guess :evil:

I would stick it out, as you knew those whiteheads were there, it sounds like your products brought them to the surface, which is a good thing. Maybe your skin is adjusting to your new routine?

I'm also going to be trying a pill in a month's time, even though from past experience I hate the pill. I tried 2 different pills and my side effects were horrific, including being an emotional mess and terrible nausea the whole time I was on them. I plan to take a different one for over 6 months this time though and see if the side effects die down.

There's a helpful site which explains about the different pills and how they can useful for depression, acne, etc. I'll PM you the link.