Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yesac

Please help diagnose me

So I've been to 9 Dermatologists over the past nine years, and have not gotten any relief from treatments except for Accutane, which only made a slight improvement.

I've been told I have mild rosacea as well as mild seborrheic dermatitis, but to be honest I think there is something more too it that my Dermatologists are missing.

The following is a description of my symptoms:

• Red and sensitive (Nose gets more red when I eat certain foods)
  • Oily (As the skin gets more oily, ie. later in the day, the face gets tighter and feels more dry)
  • Itchy and tight
  • Clogged pores, which pertrude from the skins surface

This occurs on my nose and around my mouth only. (upper lip and chin)

In addition to my skin problems, I also have:

• Very thick saliva and a white coated tounge
  • A loss of taste when eating or drinking
  • Permanantly chapped lips that get more chapped when eating
  • Nose is runny, usually occurs when eating
  • Inside of nose is usually itchy and clogged with unusual mucus
  • Excessive burping after meals (sometimes excessive flatulence)
  • Occasional heartburn after eating
  • Very painful bowel movements
  • Very irritated eyes, often slightly red (vision is definitely blurred)
  • Eyes also look a bit swollen
  • Severly dry skin on my legs and around ankles

I always thought there was a connection between my skin symptoms and the symptoms I experience in my mouth and nose, but no Doctor or Dermatologist has ever said anything.

The reason I don't think I have Seborrheic Dermatitis is because my forehead also gets very oily, but I do not have a single skin problem there. I do not have dandruff either, and my hair is often oily. I also do not have the usual "flaking" that most people suffering with seborrheic dermatitis have.

I was thinking food allergies, but when I went to an Allergist and told him my symptoms he looked at me like I was crazy and told me I don't have allergies. He didn't even want to do one test on me (I wish he checked me for allergies even though he didn't think I have any, cause I think he was wrong).

Please, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

I currently wash with Ovace Plus twice a day, and apply an oil free moisturizer afterwards.

As diagnosing is something only a physician can do, you will not find a diagnosis here. You may find suggestions that will help you. I am moving this to nutrition and holistic health as it seems you'll find more answers there.

I think you probably have a few things going on and fortunately a good, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing, anti-inflammatory diet that does not include anything you have an intolerance for will help most of it.

So I've been to 9 Dermatologists over the past nine years, and have not gotten any relief from treatments except for Accutane, which only made a slight improvement.

I've been told I have mild rosacea as well as mild seborrheic dermatitis, but to be honest I think there is something more too it that my Dermatologists are missing.

The following is a description of my symptoms:

• Red and sensitive (Nose gets more red when I eat certain foods)
  • Oily (As the skin gets more oily, ie. later in the day, the face gets tighter and feels more dry)
  • Itchy and tight
  • Clogged pores, which pertrude from the skins surface

This occurs on my nose and around my mouth only. (upper lip and chin)