Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GiveMeNAngelFace

New to regimen, Makeup suggestions??

Hello all,

I just ordered Dan's products 3 days ago, and it already arrived in the mail today Woohoo. I have been excited about trying the regimen, but I have a question about makeup options though.

I WILL not be able to give up wearing makeup until hopefully (fingers crossed) my acne is under control. With that said, is there a particular foundation that you use along with the regimen that you've found doesn't make you break out?? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks a bunch :banana:

~SJ

I have not actually tried Dan's regimen, I'm currently on accutane, but you should really try bare essentuals bare minerals. In dealing with acne for 7 yrs I have tried everything on the market. Bare essentuals does not make you irritated or oily or dry and is very light, but gives GREEAT coverage. You should definitely try it out. Oh and it does not clog your pores, and looks good. I love it. Ive been using it for over a year now.

good luck!

Keep in mind that it's normal in the early weeks of The Regimen for your skin to get dry and flaky, and that makeup can actually emphasize those flakes. You might want to consider braving the world without makeup for a while, at least.

From the FAQs:

Q: Can I use cosmetics? Which kind are best?

A: Here is a quote from the National Institute of Health:

"People being treated for acne often need to change some of the cosmetics they use. All cosmetics, such as foundation, blush, eye shadow, and moisturizers, should be oil free. Patients may find it difficult to apply foundation evenly during the first few weeks of treatment because skin may be red or scaly, particularly with the use of topical tretinoin or benzoyl peroxide. Lip products that contain moisturizers may cause small, open and closed comedones to form. Hairstyling products that come in contact with the skin along the hairline can cause burning or stinging in people with acne. Products that are labeled as non-comedogenic (do not promote the formation of blemishes) should be used; in some people, however, even these products may cause acne."

I suggest discontinuing the use of make-up until you get completely clear. Then you can add in one product at a time and see how it affects you. For more discussion on make-up, see the make-up help message boards.

I use Clinique Repairwear with SPF 15, and it goes on really smooth and is about $20. I'm on Accutane, and even though my skin is a little flaky at the end of the day, this foundation is really creamy but not oily, so it covers that up.

i've used PF mineral pressed powder for a long time and it hasn't broken me out. i also like milani compact minerals makeup.

I used to really like revlon colorstay. You can get a formulation for dry skin. My skin is pretty oily though, so I'm currently using everyday minerals (and I L O V E it).

i'm currently using Physicians Formula mineral wear, together with the regimen. It's good coverage, and doesn't break you out! ;)