Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I've been reading for a while about Urine Therapy. I'm THINKING about doing it, and I've researched how to but for those of you who tried it:

Should I apply it different for red marks than I would for pimples?

Unless I'm mistaken, the best way to do this is- pee on a cotton ball midstream (in the morning or night) and put it on your face for a good 10-20 mintues and wash it off.

Now for people who have done it, did you do the urnine therapy and THEN wash it off with your facial soap, or did you wash your face, do the urine therapy, and wash it off with water later?

REPLIES ARE APPRECIATED

Guest missyjean130

Fair warning,people are going to make fun of this thread.Ignore them.

I've never done it myself, I think there's a lot of other ways to help redmarks...but urine therapy has worked for a lot of people so the most I know about it is

1. Drink TONS of water

2. no morning urine,it's strong

3. Leave it on for a minute then rinse off with cool water

Don't apply it on your face if your urine is cloudy,you may have a bladder infection or something.

Thanks for the reply, and yes, I have considered lemon juice. But in my experience something as strong as lemon juice isn't great for sensitive skin like mine ;)

Guest missyjean130
Thanks for the reply, and yes, I have considered lemon juice. But in my experience something as strong as lemon juice isn't great for sensitive skin like mine ;)

People usually dilute the lemon juice in egg whites and such for a facial mask. I hope urine isn't too strong for you then.

Maybe you're a good candidate for my nightingale droppings curiosity! I want someone on the org to try it lol

I've heard of this method. A woman from the faire I was working at pulled me aside one day when I was complaining about my skin and she said "I know it's gross but...."

I'm too much of a chicken to try it, which is bad because my skin is so horrible that I have no room to be picky. >_>

Drinking tons of water period is supposed to be great for you skin, I'm trying it right now. Just make sure if you do start drinking lots of water for this method, don't over do it. (Water intoxication kills.)

64 oz. a day, and stretch it out throughout the day. Is safest and healthiest. :) (You're allowed a little more a day if you exercise a lot or live in a REALLY hot area.)

Good luck!

Guest missyjean130
I've heard of this method. A woman from the faire I was working at pulled me aside one day when I was complaining about my skin and she said "I know it's gross but...."

I'm too much of a chicken to try it, which is bad because my skin is so horrible that I have no room to be picky. >_>

Drinking tons of water period is supposed to be great for you skin, I'm trying it right now. Just make sure if you do start drinking lots of water for this method, don't over do it. (Water intoxication kills.)

64 oz. a day, and stretch it out throughout the day. Is safest and healthiest. :) (You're allowed a little more a day if you exercise a lot or live in a REALLY hot area.)

Good luck!

I've noticed the more water I drink in the day the more soft my red marks are. Seriously,drinking a good amount of water a day is good for a lot of things. Simple yet beneficial =)

I tried urine therapy a few times, but it just made my face itch, and I saw no improvement. I applied it, let it sit for however many minutes, and washed it off. I think there are easier treatments to try to be quite honest, but everything is worth a shot.

I noticed that whenever I drank a lot of water, my acne was milder and not as angry looking, too.

I have done the urine therapy. It seemed to work alright for maybe a month or two (not AMAZING results, but some relative clearing) but after awhile it just stopped working and seemed to irritate my skin.

I applied twice a day, morning and night, and I think I washed my face afterwards.. I don't remember though exactly. It seems to make more sense if you wash afterwards, in any case.

If you do end up trying it, I wish you good luck! Maybe just start out once a day for a couple weeks.. just to make sure it doesn't irritate you too much.

More water = More urine O;

I'd give you mad respect if you tried the urine treatment.

I don't think I could ever do it.

It isn't as bad as it sounds, trust me. Drinking more water will help flush everything out of your body, including the nutrients. Urine therapy has a lot of benefits, just look at what's in one's urine:

Alanine, total ..... 38 mg/day

Arginine, total ..... 32 mg/day

Ascorbic acid ..... 30 mg/day

Allantoin ..... 12 mg/day

Amino acids, total ..... 2.1 g/day

Bicarbonate ..... 140 mg/day

Biotin ..... 35 mg/day

Calcium ..... 23 mg/day

Creatinine ..... 1.4 mg/day

Cystine ..... 120 mg/day

Dopamine ..... 0.40 mg/day

Epinephrine ..... 0.01 mg/day

Folic acid ..... 4 mg/day

Glucose ..... 100 mg/day

Glutamic acid ..... 308 mg/day

Glycine ..... 455 mg/day

Inositol ..... 14 mg/day

Iodine ..... 0.25 mg/day

Iron ..... 0.5 mg/day

Lysine, total ..... 56 mg/day

Magnesium ..... 100 mg/day

Manganese ..... 0.5 mg/day

Methionine, total ..... 10 mg/day

Nitrogen, total ..... 15 g/day

Ornithine ..... 10 mg/day

Pantothenic acid ..... 3 mg/day

Phenylalanine ..... 21 mg/day

Phosphorus, organic ..... 9 mg/day

Potassium ..... 2.5 mg/day

Proteins, total ..... 5 mg/day

Riboflavin ..... 0.9 mg/day

Tryptophan, total ..... 28 mg/day

Tyrosine, total ..... 50 mg/day

Urea ..... 24.5 mg/day

Vitamin B6 ..... 100 mg/day

Vitamin B12 ..... 0.03 mg/day

Zinc ..... 1.4 mg/day

Which, this list is found in this thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...urine%20therapy

I remember reading that thread when I was new - it's what made me want to try it. ^_^

(So much drama back then, gosh! :crazy:)

You wash your face, rinse with warm water.

Then you piss on the cottonball/pad and just apply all over your face by massaging or rubbing (at least I apply all over my face because I have red marks and acne all over my face), if not, then just apply to the local area i guess.

I leave it on for an hour, then rinse with cool water and dry.

IT'S ACTUALLY NOT THAT BAD, ESPECIALLY IF YOU DRINK A LOT OF WATER. If you eat poorly, then your piss might be worse for you.

I have been doing Urine Therapy for exactly two weeks to this day. I do it in the morning if I remember, at night, and one other time in the day. It has helped with my complexion a little.

It is not a miracle, but it hasn't hurt to use it. The red marks are obviously still there, but they might be a little faded. Same goes with acne.

Mind you though, I am on Accutane, so the rules may not apply for me the same way.

Fair warning,people are going to make fun of this thread.Ignore them.

I've never done it myself, I think there's a lot of other ways to help redmarks...but urine therapy has worked for a lot of people so the most I know about it is

1. Drink TONS of water

2. no morning urine,it's strong

3. Leave it on for a minute then rinse off with cool water

Don't apply it on your face if your urine is cloudy,you may have a bladder infection or something.

1. yes

2. false, morning urine is more highly concentrated with the components or nutrients or whatever necessary for the therapy to work

3. false, a minute or so won't let it settle