Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trueman87

10 Day Doxy Cycle

I'm in sort of a weird situation right now. I was prescribed a 10 day cycle of doxycycline due to an infection in my face that caused my lip to swell up one morning. My skin was very very bad at the time of the prescription 6 days ago.

I was using Dan's regime at the time, and was just finishing up my second week. My skin was very red and inflamed, and it was pretty obvious something was wrong. Now just 6 days in I'm left with a few zits that are coming to the surface and clearing out, but my skin is no longer red and inflamed, and all I'm doing is taking the Doxy and washing it with dan's cleanser morning and night.

I'm wondering now though, did my skin clear up so fast once getting on Doxy because of the drug itself, or is it because I stopped using BP everyday? Or was I suffering from a more severe infection, and not just normal acne, and that is why I see such a dramatic result?

The doctor who prescribed me the 10 day cycle told me to tell my long term doctor (I had to go to an emergency clinic because this happened on a Saturday and my normal office was closed) if the doxy worked well on my skin so that I could get a longer term prescription.

I'm not a big fan of the thought of being on an antibiotic long term, but if it is the cause of this drastic clearing, then I think it would be worth a shot.

So my basic question for you guys is this:

Is it possible that my skin is clearing in just 6 days from Doxycycline? Has anyone else seen that sort of fast result?

I'm on 100mg 2x a day right now btw.

It took me 3 months to see results on doxy 75 mg once a day. But my boss told me when she broke out in college her doc gave her antibiotic (two weeks worth) and her skin cleared up within days. She was surprised I was on it for so long.

Sorry that i didnt answer your question, I just thought I'd share that with you. Clear skin could happen within a few days on antibiotics. Not sure why.

It took me 3 months to see results on doxy 75 mg once a day. But my boss told me when she broke out in college her doc gave her antibiotic (two weeks worth) and her skin cleared up within days. She was surprised I was on it for so long.

Sorry that i didnt answer your question, I just thought I'd share that with you. Clear skin could happen within a few days on antibiotics. Not sure why.

Actually you pretty much answered my core question perfectly. I was just wondering if it is even possible that the antibiotics could have worked this quickly.