Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheStanwickGenome

This is actually working for me

So I've done some experimenting on what I've read around here and yeah, by taking zinc and avoiding dairy products my face hardly gets messed up anymore. I stopped eating cheese, butter, chocolate and milk and I'm reluctantly doing 100mg of zinc at night. I also do fish oil; I'm not sure whether that actually helps with dry skin or not yet.. I hope this isn't all a coincidence but its been three weeks now and I still look good.

Hey, that's awesome!!! Keep it up. I haven't eaten chocolate in months and that is my biggest trigger. I love milk, but decided to give up dairy and hope it helps. I need to look into zinc. I don't like taking pills, I always feel they break me out, lol, so I'll try to find some good zinc food sources. Maybe chicken and lamb. :cool:

That's great! However, I don't think it's a good idea to take a greater amount than recommended of any nutrient - doing so can be dangerous, and it's not worth the risk to your health. I'd just take the normal dose of zinc, continue the no dairy, and see how you do with that! Also, see my signature for more ideas as well. Good luck with continued success! :)