Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shin777

1.5mm dermarolling update(5th update)

3 days after using 1.5mm dermaroller. I don't have b4 picture cuz i so hate my scars

i never take pic of me so up close. anyway, i tried to capture it under most noticable lightning

and angle so you can say this is how it looks in real life(except forehead, i think it came out

a little nicer than what i usually see in front of mirror up close).

anyway, it's only been 3 days so i can't really tell it's working or not but i think scars

look a little less noticable if i see it from a distance and reflecting myself under lightning

in front of the mirror. i will keep updating for next 3 months and see if there's any improvement.

btw, i had profractional laser treatment 3 times back in early last year and it didn't give me

the result i want. i feel so stupid wasting $2000 on it to see only 10% improvement at max

and my face stayed burnt in brown color almost an year. not worth it.

as for acne, i had great success with dove soap + vitamin c lotion + clear 5 from

acne-vitamins.com. i get minor breakout time to time but nothing serious like

b4. i have been battling acne for almost 11 years now and nothing worked better.

i tried pro-active, murad, acne-free solution whatever and just about every single

acne product out there. nothing really helped me but those. now if i only can get rid of

these scars.. :doh:

EDIT: I just found some old pics of me. Gosh.. I never noticed but these are bad. Yeah, it was

under different lightning but you can tell they are really bad. those are pictures of me over

3 years ago. Looks like i came a long way since then. i've tried egg mask, potato mask,

tomato mask, apple mask, warm towel, countless scar products + so many different kind of

chemical peels. and finally had profractional treatment october 2007 through 2008 feb. after profractional laser treatment, i was depressed with minimal result and left with brown burnt

face for almost an year. i took few months off and tried BB cream and darn 50% glycolic peel for 4 months b4 i finally gave up. took 3 months off and finally did 1.5mm dermarolling. now i look at this pic of me 3 years ago, i think it wasn't waste of time. hopefully, 3 years from now on, i get to laugh at pics of me now.

2nd EDIT: pics of me as of today, 08.14.2009, approximately 2.5 weeks after my 2st 1.5mm dermarolling. i don't see any huge improvement yet but hopefully, i get some decent result in next few treatments. sadly, dermaroller was no magic that makes pitted scar disappear over the night. sigh.. oh, yeah.. lightning on this picture is a little different from first one. i used same cam and took pics on same background and angle but used pgm mode instead of auto cuz my scar looks way more obvious this way.

3rd EDIT: pics of me as of today, 09.17.2009, approximately 11 days after 3rd 1.5mm dermarolling treatment. i had to change location but it's still under same lightning.

pics came out alright but it sometimes look better or worse depending on angles and

position i take. when it looks worse, it looks like i have 3rd degree burn. no photoshopped.

4th EDIT: pics of me as of today, 11.16.2009, approximately 22 days after 4th 1.5mm dermarolling treatment. overall result is good besides my forehead area. i had minor breakout on forehead so it left me so brown marking which i don't mind much but actual scar didn't improve as much as i hoped it would be. 2 more weeks, i will do my 5th treatment and hopefully, i get some magical result.

5th EDIT: pics of me as of today, 12.27.09. Nothing much to tell. No magical improvement

over last time yet.

date of 1st treatment: 06.23.09 1.5mm dermaroller

date of 2nd treatment: 07.26.09 1.5mm dermaroller

date of 3rd treatment: 09.06.09 1.5mm dermaroller

date of 4th treatment: 10.25.09 1.5mm dermaroller

date of 5th treatment: 11.30.09 1.5mm dermaroller

post-105684-1253199823_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253199829_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253199835_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201116_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201120_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201124_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201129_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201134_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201139_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201144_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201148_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201153_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1258397267_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1258397272_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1258397278_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1261931242_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1261931258_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1261931264_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253199823_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253199829_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253199835_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201116_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201120_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201124_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201129_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201134_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201139_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201144_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201148_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1253201153_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1258397267_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1258397272_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1258397278_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1261931242_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1261931258_thumb.jpg

post-105684-1261931264_thumb.jpg

Edited by shin777

From looking at the pics i don't think you did the dermaroller agressively enough. You should still be red at 3 days post dermaroller.

Run me through how you did the procedure if you don't mind!!

Your scarring isn't bad atall to begin with btw. Your skin tone is really nice.

From looking at the pics i don't think you did the dermaroller agressively enough. You should still be red at 3 days post dermaroller.

Run me through how you did the procedure if you don't mind!!

Your scarring isn't bad atall to begin with btw. Your skin tone is really nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Derma-Q-1-5mm-MicroNee...alenotsupported

i used that dermaroller and i rolled up and vertically and horizontally and diagonally like 20 times each. i did it at midnight right after i take shower with hot water and it was super red and tiny

bit of blood came out from few spots. i washed it off and applied anti-aging vitamin c lotion(forgot

which brand but they sell this at cvs for $12.99 and it has x2 vitamin c and spf 28 in green bottle)

and went to bed. next morning it was still a bit red but not as bad as b4 i went to bed.

this is 3rd day morning so it's actually 2.5 days after to be exact. i can't see redness on my face

anymore though i still see some red dots on my arm(i rolled my arms too cuz i have some

stretch mark i've got from weight training). i didn't use numbing cream but i can endure pain

pretty well and it wasn't hurting me that much. i think i used enough pressure since spots i rolled

turned really red and little bit of blood was coming out(though very little). i am going to wait

6 weeks and do this procedure again.

First, I would like to say thanks for the pic, it helps a lot more

Second, you are a brave guy for going without the numb haha

Now onto the dermarolling issues, you said you weren't feeling that much pain? If that's the case, especially with the 1.5 mm (I can even feel pain with 1mm w/o numbing) you probably didn't roll it deep enough or aggressive enough like lamarr said. You also said that you were bleeding too during the procedure but if you weren't bleeding to the point where your face bled out every time each needles rolled over your face, that could also be a sign of not being aggressive or rolling down deep enough.

Do you feel sand-paper like on your face when you wash your face?

well.. of course it hurted me cuz i was sweating like hell. when i first saw those needles and

i was going really light for first few rolls but after few rolling, i was like **** it and rolled really hard. i could see directions of lines on my face till yesterday when i look at the mirror

with lightning. though it was super red, i admit i wasn't bleeding crazy like i bleeded after

profractional laser treatment early last year. scars are still there but i feel like my scar look

a little better. maybe it's just because my face is still swelled cuz of rolling but depth of

my scar definitely decreased a little. hopefully i get better result than profractional laser

treatment. if this thing fails then, i will try that divine beauty kit you are talking about.

everytime i go out, i feel like i am only one with horrible scars on my face. there are

few ppls i know who have active acne all over their face but none of them have indented

scar like i do. i think i was very stupid to visit that old dermotologist who popped

my acnes and injected some weird stuff years ago. i think that's where i got all this scars

from. that and i popped few of my acne pretty darn hard. stupid mistakes.. and now

i am paying the price.

P.S. how much improvement can i realitically expect in next 3-6 months with dermarolling?

or rather is it even possible to have perfectly smooth skin again with any surgery or treatment?

as long as it can get rid of these ugly scars in next few years, i am willing to try.

well.. of course it hurted me cuz i was sweating like hell. when i first saw those needles and

i was going really light for first few rolls but after few rolling, i was like **** it and rolled really hard. i could see directions of lines on my face till yesterday when i look at the mirror

with lightning. though it was super red, i admit i wasn't bleeding crazy like i bleeded after

profractional laser treatment early last year. scars are still there but i feel like my scar look

a little better. maybe it's just because my face is still swelled cuz of rolling but depth of

my scar definitely decreased a little. hopefully i get better result than profractional laser

treatment. if this thing fails then, i will try that divine beauty kit you are talking about.

everytime i go out, i feel like i am only one with horrible scars on my face. there are

few ppls i know who have active acne all over their face but none of them have indented

scar like i do. i think i was very stupid to visit that old dermotologist who popped

my acnes and injected some weird stuff years ago. i think that's where i got all this scars

from. that and i popped few of my acne pretty darn hard. stupid mistakes.. and now

i am paying the price.

P.S. how much improvement can i realitically expect in next 3-6 months with dermarolling?

or rather is it even possible to have perfectly smooth skin again with any surgery or treatment?

as long as it can get rid of these ugly scars in next few years, i am willing to try.

It takes time to get the hang of rolling..you'll get the hang of it as you continue to do it. Make sure you disinfect your roller before and after each session.

theres no way for me to know exactly how much results you'll get in 3-6 months..it depends on several factors. But I would think by 6 months you'll have seen enough improvement that you are motivated to keep going with your rolling treatments..

I dont know that you can expect perfectly smooth skin again. But if you keep at rolling you should improve your scars to the point you look and feel a lot better. good luck and will check up on you from time to time. :)

the roller i've got was sterlised one and can be reusable if i clean it but i don't feel safe clean it at home. it's only $40 including shipping and i only need to do this once in every 6 weeks so i threw it away after the treatment(i will simply buy another one around time for next treatment).

hopefully i get more even skin after six months. :dance:

Well it's really hard to tell how much improvements you can expect within 3-6 months because we still need to see how well you improve within a month to give a good glimpse how it will be in 3-6 months.

I would think that if you keep on doing this for a while, it could give you smooth skin, that's what I'm aiming for :D but I mean a WHILE, as in a year or 2.. maybe more depending on the scars?

also, your scars ain't that bad to me ;)

Good luck. I've needled a few individual scars on my left cheek a week ago (it was my first time and I wasn't really invasive) and seen some pretty good results (at least 10% improvement). I don't have any pictures but my left cheek used to look worse than my right cheek and now, my left cheek looks slightly better than my right cheek. I plan on doing my whole face 2 months from now with a dermaroller/dermastamp before I start college. Let us in on your results.

Good luck. I've needled a few individual scars on my left cheek a week ago (it was my first time and I wasn't really invasive) and seen some pretty good results (at least 10% improvement). I don't have any pictures but my left cheek used to look worse than my right cheek and now, my left cheek looks slightly better than my right cheek. I plan on doing my whole face 2 months from now with a dermaroller/dermastamp before I start college. Let us in on your results.

yeah.. i think mine improved around 10% or so too. maybe it's just swelling but it definitely

seems a little better than b4. i will probably update every 2-3 weeks and hopefully i get great

result(and whoever is doing this). i have another concern though. on my forehead, i have

one noticable wrinkle. the problem is i have some indented scar around it too. does vitamin C

cream after dermarolling helps on wrinkle too or should i be using wrinkle creams on it?

i see vitamin C is for cell regeneration and most wrinkle creams i see uses vitamin A.

Try looking into Retin A. It minimizes wrinkles, promotes collagen, and also is a topical acne treatment. However, Retin A is harsh on the skin and may make yours every irritated. The first time I used it, my skin peeled off for a couple of days and this unintentional side effect made my skin a bit smoother, but I won't do it again because it might damage my skin.

yeah, i tried retin few years ago when i still had active acne going on. it was kinda

harsh and i am afraid i might get breakout again if i use it.

btw, doesn't dermarolling alone help on wrinkle or am i mistaken?

It does, but so does Retin A. The main thing about Retin A is that most people stop using it in a few weeks because its very irritating and causes breakouts but if you get your skin used to it, I think thats when you can see improvement.

I just rolled tonight. It was my 2nd time rolling. It hurt like hell. I don't think I used the emla cream properly. I put lots on my face and left it on for 1.5 hours. But I didn't put a wrap over it and it wasn't professional grade emla.

Any tips? Maybe I will try using ice packs to numb my face next time

I also threw out my roller. It may have been an emotional reaction to the pain post rolling, but I felt like the needles were a little dull making it harder to get skin penetration. I used the 1.5 mm Dr. Roller.

On the bright side, I heard lots of popping in the area where I have rolling scars. I did a more thorough job rolling compared to my first time. I'm optimistic about getting some improvement over time.

I agree w the above poster in liking Retin A. I'm not sure about it's effects on wrinkles and collagen production but it's the only way I'm able to keep my large pores clean and therefore prevent pimples. I did have an initial moderate breakout that lasted over a week. I haven't had any big breakouts since then.

I just rolled tonight. It was my 2nd time rolling. It hurt like hell. I don't think I used the emla cream properly. I put lots on my face and left it on for 1.5 hours. But I didn't put a wrap over it and it wasn't professional grade emla.

Any tips? Maybe I will try using ice packs to numb my face next time

I also threw out my roller. It may have been an emotional reaction to the pain post rolling, but I felt like the needles were a little dull making it harder to get skin penetration. I used the 1.5 mm Dr. Roller.

On the bright side, I heard lots of popping in the area where I have rolling scars. I did a more thorough job rolling compared to my first time. I'm optimistic about getting some improvement over time.

I agree w the above poster in liking Retin A. I'm not sure about it's effects on wrinkles and collagen production but it's the only way I'm able to keep my large pores clean and therefore prevent pimples. I did have an initial moderate breakout that lasted over a week. I haven't had any big breakouts since then.

is it ur first time to use your dermaroller? y did it become dull??

The needles dull with each roll like a knife becomes dull over time.

I'm not saying that I couldn't use the roller for a 3rd roll. Many people seem to use there roller 3-5 times.

my second update.. so far, no noticable improvement yet(unfortunately).. but i didn't expect much since it hasn't even been 2 months. =(

oh, one more thing.. i rolled really hard on my 2nd treatment. although i wasn't bleeding crazy like when i got profraction laser treatment last year, my face was covered in blood. just not dripping and left my face red for a week. no numbing cream.. it was kinda scary as my face was making poping sound as i roll.

another update after 3rd dermarolling 1.5mm.

i put date so you can see it easily. it seems i am getting little bit of positive result

from dermarolling so far, just not magical perfect result. these pics look ok and

i hardly see any scarring if i take pics from distance but my skin still looks disgusting

if i take pics too close under certain angle or lightning.

pics are taken with sony cybershot t900 ISO mode 12.1 mega pixel under flourscent light.

i will post more pics in a month or so after my 4th treatment.

Guest icaretohelp

i see real progress! esp on your left side..keep it going.

I Definitely see improvement. Whats your post care treatment like?

i take shower with hot water(i use dove soap) and then i roll. when i was doing my first roll,

i didn't breed much but during 2nd and 3rd treatments, i saw a lot of blood coming out(of course, it goes away after washing). once i finish rolling, i was it off and then put my usual lotion. i use Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Intensive Anti-Sun-Damage Daily Moisture Lotion SPF28once in the morning and once in the night. that's what i have been doing so far. result i am getting isn't up to my expectation b4 i started this treatment but i think at least

i am getting better result than profraction laser treatments i had 2 years ago.

oh, and it's kinda scarly but i don't use emla cream. i just roll. i have high pain endurancy

but well.. it hurts.. i am just too lazy to buy and put emla and wait an hour before rolling.

*p.s. i was thinking about using retinoids cuz i was hearing a lot of good things about it.

what do you think? should i stick with my current lotion or switch to retinoid?

Edited by shin777

I don't think any of us will see improvements from the first roll,i did'nt and it seems like everyone also.Its not until the second,third and on when you start to see signs.And i think the reason for this is the first roll lays down the groundwork(foundation) then progress from that point on.Actually its the same thing with Fraxels,people don't see anything till after the third or so.Loving my results thus far and its my third as well.

shin777,

just compared your left cheek 1st pic to your 9.6.09.

You've DEFINATELY had some good improvement.

The right cheek also has improved. I'm actually impressed.

Thanks for posting the pics, its encouraging to all of us

rolling.

shin777,

just compared your left cheek 1st pic to your 9.6.09.

You've DEFINATELY had some good improvement.

The right cheek also has improved. I'm actually impressed.

Thanks for posting the pics, its encouraging to all of us

rolling.

Agreed..Definitely making very positive progress Shin..just keep it up buddy!!

The first pictures it was hard to see the actual "scars" because you still had some PIH. But in one set of pictures your scars look exactly like mine do, but I still have a little PIH. Mine are also more towards my nose and I have a little more than you do, which blows.

The end product looks AWESOME btw, both of your cheeks look awesome, but man that left cheek is like crazy good.

How much do these treatments cost? I am considering doing something for my scars once I finish Accutane and my redmarks fade, but I am leaning towards the "no" side. I really don't think your scarring looked bad in the three sets where you didn't have any redmarks, but that's beside the point I guess. Your skin looks awesome now. Congrats! Thanks for sharing these with us.