Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Campfir3

My Story, With Pictures

Hey guys,

I followed the acne.org regimen precisely for just over 2 years. I only used to apply BP to my nose and cheeks because that’s where I mainly had acne. While on it I stayed pretty clear, had some redness, and didn’t get to dry, therefor I didn’t use moisturizer every day, especially in the summer.

I’ve been off of the regimen for about a year now, and all I’ve been using is a cleanser in the shower and a moisturizer after the shower once a day.

My acne is pretty much clear, but my face gets redness and peeling/scabbing where I used to apply the BP. My face was never like this, as I just had mild acne before I started on BP. I eat extremely healthy, work out, and still try to follow all the ground rules about not touching my face and changing pillow cases and towels often, etc, I just don’t use BP.

I’ve tried using only water, only soap without moisturizing, using nothing at all, as well as many different cleansers/moisturizers, but my face continues to look like it does. My family has no history of rosacea so I don’t believe that’s what it is.

Just thought I would see if anyone else has the same condition as me or might know of any remedies that might help me clear my face?

Thanks for reading,

Ryan

post-95413-1246027156_thumb.jpg

post-95413-1246027179_thumb.jpg

post-95413-1246027188_thumb.jpg

post-95413-1246027156_thumb.jpg

post-95413-1246027179_thumb.jpg

post-95413-1246027188_thumb.jpg

I have not had personal experience yet with the regimen so I cannot give you advice on this. But a few things I had questions on that maybe others do to is: you said you had been off the regimen for one year - so you haven't been using the BP for the entire year? And, had your face been like this for the entire year or was this a more recent flare up?

From the distant pictures I thought your skin just looked inflammed and dry, but then I looked at the close up and could see the breakouts.

You said that you only applied BP to the nose and cheeks - I could see the BP being the issue because that is where you are inflammed, but I don't know whats happening under the beard either. If you have been off the BP for a year, I would think this would give your skin enough time to recover. Or maybe that area isn't from the BP use, and is just instead your breakout area. Trying a new face wash and regimen may help to decipher whats going on - whether it is your current face regimen/products or whatever else it may be.

Hope someone comes around to help give you a better answer - best of luck.

Thanks for the reply

Correct, I have not used any BP for almost a year.

I quit the regimen after about 2 years because my face was pretty clear and I didn't want to be dependent on the BP forever.

My face has been like this on and off ever since I quit the regimen, sometimes better, sometimes worse, and it appears that it is only in places where I applied the BP.

It seems that if you look at my cheeks in the light, and after i rinse my face, they look red and dull, almost like the top layer of my skin is damaged. I'm not sure if this is due to the free radicals that BP supposedly produces or what.

An AHA lotion once a day would probably help with the both the peeling and the dullness and damage you mention. I found that AHA really brightened up my skin tone and evened it out. Dan's AHA+, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion (I strongly prefer the night version over the SPF 15 version), Alpha Hydrox would all be good options here. Just make sure you wear some kind of sunblock during the day - AHA can make your skin more susceptible to sun damage, even if you don't have it on at that moment.

AHA+ helped me with acne like this...

ALSO, for the nose, and actually my cheeks as well, I was using Biore pore strips (this was before I started using AHA+). It was great getting all that gunk out. You might be able to try both, although I'm not sure what the general consensus is on the boards about pore strips, they may be the enemy to some people...

lol ur cute and ur acne doesnt detract from it so dont be shy and forget about it!!!! to tell u the truth ur acne is like nothin!!! i had to look real hard to even see it!!! NO JOKE! :surprised:

im sure ur an awesome dood!!!!

i would try aloe vera. it should help to moisturize and relieve the redness.

i guess you could use it straight from the plant, or you could use the commercial products for sunburns.

Maybe try a chemical peel to get that top layer off? Or maybe AHA? Or you could go the calm route and try aloe.

Have you been to a derm? They might be able to prescribe a topical steroid or something.

try to stay away from using soaps or anything that foams to much, i think thats whats causing all those red bumps near the nose aswell as redness. you can try a low PH cleanser, or a gentle gel cleanser that is natural. more moisturizer would be a good idea too..good luck !

you might have an allergic reaction..just use very gentle cleanser and moisturizer that contain aloe vera..try it might work for you..

Hey guys, thanks for the replies!

I've used aloe vera in the past out of the tube but I don't think it helped much, maybe i'll try it again with the leaf.

I've been looking around at AHA and BHA products after you guys suggested them, can someone tell me what would be the best one to get?

Someone recommended me to Paula's site, is this AHA lotion the same as Dan's?

http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/eight-...-aha-exfoliants

Thanks again!