Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Girl_least_likely_to

What is this? and How can I improve it *pic included*

I have been suffering from acne for quite some time now and I have tried various regimes, none seem to be helping. I use neutrogena on-the-spot acne treatment at night time and only wear revlon colorstay makeup during the day.

I am at my wits end...have been prescribed some antibiotics from the GP as I couldnt stand it any longer but don't want to resort to drugs.

I drink lots of orange juice and water to help flush it out, I also take cod liver oil, evening primrose oil and zinc tablets!

Please help me!

post-100678-1246013415_thumb.jpg

hi :) , I've read somewhere here that oranges may cause allergic reactions. and if the juice is not freshly squeezed, it probably has lots of additional sugar, which is also believed to be one of the top enemies in the battle with acne (together with dairy). I suggest searching for the topic in the nutrition and holistic health section.

ive heard orange juice breaks you out as well. stick to water and stay one just one regimen for at least 6 months before quitting

ok i drank florida's orange juice [ the 100% pure orange juice,2 litres, hella $$$] and i had 4 new pimples, does orange juice really cause new pimples.. hmm damm, everything that i love to eat/drink hates me.

I personally believe what you intake has nothing to do with acne, although fatty acids like primrose are good to keep the normal moisture, most of the time acne is due to what you put on your face. So with that in mind youll probably have alot more success in changing whatever you are using topically rather then trying to solve it internally.

Have you tried a contraceptive pill? My skin is the same, no OTC products have ever worked. The pill sorted it out beautifully, but once I went off it my skin went bad again. Have you been to a dermo? I've recently gone vegan and my skin is clearing, but it could also be the Roaccutane :P Good luck!