Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alliysone

Tiny bumps all over cheeks and forehead.

I could post a picture but you guys wouldnt be able to see them. They're really small but they're annoying me cause my face doesnt feel smoothe at all. Do you know what this is? I just got it. I havent moisturizied my face in a long while which is a bad thing, i know. Cause i've been tanning and I got slightly burnt on my cheeks and it looked like i sorta got burnt on my forehead too. Also i've been cleaning my face with cleansing pads maybe too much. Do you think this will go away soon?

Oh my god.. I scrubbed them with soap and this you know.. scrubbing glove. And I think they all broke open. And then i put on a clear pores intensive mask, it burned so bad. Then i put on a clean and clear facial wash and I cried it burned even worse and now my skin is deep red. And my skin hurts and burns and i cant really move it.. like i cant hardly smile cause my cheeks are.. i cant descibe it? But please please help me. I need to get rid of it. Please.

Being rough with your skin isn't going to help anything. Just cleanse your face twice a day with a gentle, non-medicated cleanser (and no more scrubbing--use your hands only!), and then moisturize with a non-comedogenic moisturizer. Let your skin heal. Scrubbing the heck out of it and putting all sorts of treatments on it is only going to irritate your already irritated skin even more.

I had the same thing. First STOP!!!!! Stop scrubbing, stop wiping and stop washing your irritating the crap out of your skin and making it worse.

Oh my god.. I scrubbed them with soap and this you know.. scrubbing glove. And I think they all broke open. And then i put on a clear pores intensive mask, it burned so bad. Then i put on a clean and clear facial wash and I cried it burned even worse and now my skin is deep red. And my skin hurts and burns and i cant really move it.. like i cant hardly smile cause my cheeks are.. i cant descibe it? But please please help me. I need to get rid of it. Please.

You are not supposed to ever "scrub" your skin, be gentle with it. The reason they broke open, is because you were probably way to aggressive with your skin. You are applying too many things at once. What you have is probably comedonal acne, there's tons of information on the non-inflamed board.

I made that same mistake and now I have scars. Please do exactly what c'est la vigne wrote, only time will heal.

My derm told me it was just one bad acne breakout. But it didnt look like regular pimples. I had them all over my cheek bone area (clusters, you could only see them under certain lighting, they weren't even red, they were flesh colored until I scrubbed the crap out of them and burned them with over the counter topicals. Then they became mad and inflamed.

Okay thanks so much. I knew better than to do this.. I was just gonna leave it alone but my mom was argueing with me that I needed to scrub my face to get rid of the bumps. And I finally just took her word. Bad choice I know. Do you have any idea what facial washes I could buy? I dont really have any thats are not medicated. I used to but i ran out.

You can find a list of recommended cleansers here. And, for now, just leave the bumps alone. Because of all the scrubbing and irritation, they may very well become inflamed. Just let them be, and let them run their course. If you mess with them, you'll risk irritating the skin even further, which can aggravate acne.

What's your normal regimen like?

My regimin is pretty much..

In the morning: Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Dual Action Toner, Oxy Spot Treatment

Throughout the day I use Clearasil ULTRA Deep Pore Cleansing Pads (probably like 3 a day.)

Night (in the shower): Clean&Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser, Nivea Visage Oil Control Cleansing Gel SkinBalance Formula, Neutrogena Clear Pores Cleanser. Then afterwards I put on Clean&Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer. And then every once and while I put alchohol on a pimple. Thats it.

I have to admit, I laughed a little when you said, "That's it" at the end.

It sounds to me like you're overdoing it. Your skin might very well be a lot happier if you just found one gentle, non-medicated cleanser to use in the morning and at night, one treatment to use once or twice a day, and a moisturizer.

You don't need to be using so many different cleansers and treatments all the time (and on that note, rubbing alcohol is much to harsh to be using on your skin). It's just too much for your skin to handle, and it may very well explain the little bumps you're getting.

Be gentle and keep it simple. Your skin will thank you for it.

Yeah, I agree with c'est la vigne. Try to simplify your regimen. Sometimes, less is more.

First of all take this as a lesson, scrubs are bad especially with soft/delicate/normal skin like you have. Also soaps are harsh and irritating to the face, masks are not needed for people with normal/semi normal skin. Clean and clear is total garbage it probably is a foaming cleanser which makes people deep red and irritated like you know. You need a gentle moisturizer and gentle non-foaming cleanser, try L'bri Pure N' Natural products, they work great for my skin.

i do believe all products sold in drug stores are total garbage every last one of them.

I could post a picture but you guys wouldnt be able to see them. They're really small but they're annoying me cause my face doesnt feel smoothe at all. Do you know what this is? I just got it. I havent moisturizied my face in a long while which is a bad thing, i know. Cause i've been tanning and I got slightly burnt on my cheeks and it looked like i sorta got burnt on my forehead too. Also i've been cleaning my face with cleansing pads maybe too much. Do you think this will go away soon?

UPDATE: This thread kind of wandered off course over time, so I've decided to close it. I have also rewritten this initial post to update and revise it based on current information and experience. If you have questions about the products I recommend, please feel free to PM me.

For those of you who don't know me: I have had acne since I was 12 or so, and I'm now in my mid-40s. Information I came across on this board has enabled me to clear up my mild/moderate acne to the point where no one ever realizes I have acne at all. And after spending a lot of time and money trying out various products, I'm finally down to a pretty simple regimen that is working well for me.

So ...... if you have primarily comedonal acne (clogged pores, whiteheads & blackheads), here is what I have found to work:

PAULA'S CHOICE BHAs (available at www.cosmeticscop.com)

Great product, at a very reasonable price. On the whole, I think this should be your first line of defense. I never thought salicylic acid would work on my face -- I've had horrid reactions to other SA products -- but this stuff is awesome!

I used the 2% BHA gel. The 1% wasn't strong enough for me; I think it's probably for people with highly sensitive skin. There's also a 2% liquid and a 2% lotion.

I recommend trying this product first because it is CHEAP -- about $15 for a 4 oz bottle, which will last you for months. You can get sample packets extremely cheaply if you want to try out the different formulations before placing a full order.

GREEN CREAM/DIACNEAL/Other mild OTC retinoids, such as Jan Marini and Vivant products

If the BHAs aren't quite enough to purge your pores, or if you want to improve the overall quality and radiance of your skin, I recommend these products. They are not cheap. GC goes for $40-50 per bottle, and a bottle lasts 4-6 weeks .... but it is one of the best products I have ever run across. It really works. There's a long GC thread in the OTC forum, and there's also a product website & message board: www.greencream.com

I buy my GC on amazon.com, but there are plenty of online sellers. Look for a list on the product website. Most people with normal skin can start with Level 6; if you have very sensitive skin, you may want to start with Level 3.

You can layer GC on top of BHAs. After cleansing, apply a thin layer of BHAs all over your face, wait 30 minutes, then apply Green Cream.

I did use Diacneal for awhile, and found it effective as well ... but GC just made my skin look prettier. If you live in Canada or Europe, Diacneal may be easier for you to get your hands on. It is made by Avene. And of course, there are other OTC retinoids as well: Vivant Vitamin A products, Jan Marini, Skinceuticals, etc.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that for people with mild acne, these OTC retinoids can actually be more effective than the stronger prescription products because the irritation factor is so much lower. I used Retin A for awhile, and although it cleared my pimples, it made my skin look horrible .... red, oily, and irritated. It's great for moderate/severe acne but I think it may be overkill for mild.

MANDELIC ACID

If your skin doesn't like BHAs ... try mandelic acid. It is awesome against blackheads especially, and there's a long mandelic thread in the Blackheads forum if you want more information.

If you have oily skin, the best mandelic product is probably the 15% Vivant mandelic serum, available at www.dianayvonne.com (I think she sells samples). If you have dry or sensitive skin, or are using topical retinoids, you are better off using the 10% or 15% alcohol-free serums from www.gardenofwisdom.com. Another wonderful formulation is made by Face Reality, but I think you have to be under their care to buy their products. You might check out their website: www.facereality.com

It's possible to combine mandelic with retinoids, but the peeling can be quite annoying. Best bet is to start with mandelic for a few months and ease into the retinoid after your skin is fully adjusted to mandelic.

What you need is GENTLE exfoliation, either chemical or mechanical. Gentle is the key. Exfoliation targets one of the causes of acne formation, the sticky, unshedding skin cells that contribute to clogged pores. Look around for the baby's hair brush method, spinning electric toothbrush, etc.

From your regimen it looks like you're washing your face 5 times a day, 3 with pads. That's over doing it and probably killing your skin. Twice a day only!

well these bumps went away a long time ago. i just forgot about this board. i left them alone for 3 days and they went away. they were acctually.. sun blisters. i had got sunburnt on my face. but since then i've started using only one acne cleanser at night and a gentle moisturizing and exfoliating cleanser. and then when i wake up i use a clearasil cleansing pad. my acne has gone away quite a bit.