Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i am currently on The Regimen, and it's working great. however, i am in greaaaat need of an eyebrow wax! i was thinking about it, and do any of you think this can cause acne? just wondering, because it seems like it could be possible. thanks!

I get mine threaded. Waxing made me break out over my eyebrows, so threading is way less irritating for me.

I've had my brows waxed a few times since starting the regimen and I've not seen anything beyond what waxing normally causes for me. I get one or two tiny whiteheads between my eyebrows that go away in a day, but i've gotten those for years.

Nothing else.

It's all totally dependent on your skin. I don't have terribly sensitive skin, but if you do, you'll likely see a reaction.

I used to wax and never broke out from it, but I rarely get acne in that area. I've now moved on to threading (which I love a lot more in terms of precision and finished look) and recommend it for less irritation. Obviously be careful with where you get your brows threaded (do your research!), but in general I think there's less chance for irritation from threading.

First off, you're not pouring hot wax on your skin. The wax shouldn't be on there long enough to sink into your pores, but there might be residue. Also, when they pull off the wax they're not just pulling off wax, there's also some skin (dead or not). So that's definitely an irritant. If you're going to great lengths to cleanse and moisturize your skin gently (as Dan recommends in his videos), why risk major irritation in one go?

If you need some brow removed, I advocate threading. In my experience, I've never broken out from waxing and maybe you won't either - but again, why risk it? Also always research the places you go to get your brows done. They're touching your face, make sure you're going somewhere that enforces hand washing!

I personally do breakout the following two days after getting my eyebrows waxed. I just get very little white heads in between my brows and on the tops of my brows. I pop them - which I shouldn't - but then they are gone by the next two days.

It did for me. So did tweezing. I've been using eyebrow razors for years. The best kind are the Sephora brand or the Japonesque (I get it from Ulta)