Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ken Phan

Skin is peeling. What do i do?

Hey all,

My name is Ken and i have been searching around in this forum for quite a bit now. I have started my regimen about almost a month now. I have up my doses of Bp and now i am starting to see flakiness as well as my skin is starting to peel. I am a Asian male btw if that helps. What should i do about skin peeling? :(

Any help would be appreciated.

How much BP are you using? It's normal for people to experience some dry, flaky skin early on in The Regimen, but usually by the time people have been on The Regimen for a month, their skin has pretty much adjusted to The Regimen, and the flaking is subsiding.

What kind of products are you using, and how, exactly, are you using them?

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am using everything that is from the Acne.org kit. Dan's Cleanser, BP and Moisturizer. During the day i use Olay's sensitive skin moisturizer spf15. I am apply a full pump of Bp and a full pump of the moisturizer AM and PM. I am applying the way Dan recommended in his videos. I started out using very little Bp like half a pump and i just upped the bp to a full pump last week.

Hmm. Is your skin feeling irritated or uncomfortable at all? Maybe your skin is just going through the normal peeling phase a bit late. You could try adding some jojoba oil to your moisturizer. Some people find that that helps with flakiness.

^To answer that yes my face feels irritated and uncomfortable. I hope you are right about my face just going through a phase because i am devastated.

no worries ken.

I had the EXACt same thing at 1 month.

I am now in my 5th week, and i dont have that problem anymore, thanks to cool as kim deal.

you should really ,really look at cool as Kim Deal's signature and see the post she made about flakiness and how to treat it. it saved my life

Thank you all for the kind help. I was wondering should i be able to use Clarisonic to remove dead skin?

I also get really flaky skin (I'm using a retinoid and benzoyl peroxide wash), so my derm just had me start using the Clarisonic brush for exfoliating... she said it was a better exfoliant than the 10% glycolic acid (an AHA) wash I'd been using. It's expensive, but if you have (almost) $200 to spend, then yes, the clarisonic can be used to exfoliate :D