Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WhateverItTakes

Scar treatment while on accutane?

Im on accutane but Im freaking out about the scars I know I will have when Im done:( (its never going to be over!!)

is there anything I can do now, creams, procedures, things to help with the scaring that I know will be waiting????(I really hope so)

Does accutane cause more scaring becuase of the IB and everything happening so fast?

Also how long do I have to wait after being on accutane to do someone like laser treatment?? (I hope not too long)

Dont do anything while on accutane!..accutane will likely cause more scarring if your IB is bad. I think yoour supposed to wait about 6 months befoe doing any scar revision.

Ya thats what I was thinking....im going to have alot of scars(but at least that will be better than what I have now) I just wish I could fast forward through all of this!!

Standard answer would be to wait 6 months to a year post accutane treatment.

You shouldn't do anything invasive.

My dermatologist said I could perform CoolTouch laser treatments while on accutane. He said to only expect 30% improvement though.

Standard answer would be to wait 6 months to a year post accutane treatment.

You shouldn't do anything invasive.

My dermatologist said I could perform CoolTouch laser treatments while on accutane. He said to only expect 30% improvement though.

ok thank you.....6 months is way too long, I dont know hoow Im going to get through that without doing anything! :( I also im not sure if I should try a bunch of relatively cheaper procedures ($250-500) or do something that costs around $3000-5000? because if the more expensive procedure doesnt work then I will be really hesitant to spend anymore money.....any suggestions?

I have started using Vivier C E kinerol serum...which hopefully will help lighten red mark (and scars?)....I just feel better knowing I am at least trying to lesses the red marks and scars....even if It probably wont have a huge effect