Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JRider23

tips on improving acne that everyone should know

hey guys... i was just wondering what some of the people here thought everyone should know about clearing their acne.. this can be about diet, lifestyle, anything related to helping acne!! Please don't hesitate to post. Thanks

i have drank the whole bucket of water everyday and it does not seem to help much. I wonder is this related to poor function of kidney or liver?

Cut saturated fats from your diet (ie dairy, fatty meats, and processed foods that are made using a lot of fats like crisps / potato chips, chips / fries, pastries, etc)

Oh, and um, get regular. Not to sound like anyone's granny or anything, and I don't have any scientific evidence to back this up, but I'm pretty sure there's a link between chronic constipation and acne. Quite often when I see people with really severe acne, they also seem prone to releasing SBD's (Silent but Deadly's - and I really don't think you get those unless you are constipated).

And avoid alcohol. Made a big difference for me.

i have drank the whole bucket of water everyday and it does not seem to help much. I wonder is this related to poor function of kidney or liver?

I also have increased my water intake a lot without any improvements

yeah water is one that (at least for me) might not help acne, but it helps your body so much so it's worth drinking it regardless...

Eating tips are awesome, but anything besides that? Like skin care of lifestyle changes that helped you improve your acne?

stop using harsh products on the face for one, all harsh detergents, soaps, oils, rubbing alcohols, chemicals, exfoliators, peels, microderm, laser, drugs etc.

Choose a gentle cleanser, one that preferrably has a low PH around 4.5-5.8 range. Pick a cleanser that doesnt suds or foams.. If it has strange sounding chemicals avoid at all costs.

Get some good fats into your diet to help the minerals and nutrients absorb!!(EVOO,nuts and seeds etc)

I find that chewing your food well and not just shovelling it into your mouth really helps with digestion and in turn acne!!

Do you know drinking too much water can be bad for you as you wil be peeing out all your nutrients so I say drink 3 litres a day for maximum benefit..

Another safe bet is getting a good nights sleep really helps me :)

I agree with what everyone is saying about diet. And yes, make sure you also get enough rest. It may not help with the acne itself, but I notice that when I don't get enough sleep, my skin looks blotchy and my pores are more visible. Oh, and keep your skincare routine simple! Try to stay away from products that contain fragrance or dyes. Glycolic acid (I use Dan's AHA+) has really helped me stay clear!

No candy!!! lol. My face is always better when I don't eat sugary junk foods. Cakes, donuts, added sugar in drinks, etc... I'm learning to just grab some fruit when I have a sweet craving. :angel:

Learn to cook for yourself.

This is so true!!! My mom gets insulted, but I tell her to just look at what she's putting in her meals and she then stays quiet, haha.

Get some good fats into your diet to help the minerals and nutrients absorb!!(EVOO,nuts and seeds etc)

I find that chewing your food well and not just shovelling it into your mouth really helps with digestion and in turn acne!!

Do you know drinking too much water can be bad for you as you wil be peeing out all your nutrients so I say drink 3 litres a day for maximum benefit..

i have heard the thing about water flushing out the nutrients... is that proven? I just heard of trying Water Therapy and actually did it this morning (not only for acne, but for other health benefits in general).. it has you drinking 1.5 liters of water in the morning right when you wake up. I actually saw some improvement in my skin today. Idk maybe it's a placebo or me generally improving my diet, but i did feel energized most of the day..

Oh yes, green smoothies are so awesome!!! Not only does my skin look good after drinking them, but I also feel much better too!

i have heard the thing about water flushing out the nutrients... is that proven? I just heard of trying Water Therapy and actually did it this morning (not only for acne, but for other health benefits in general).. it has you drinking 1.5 liters of water in the morning right when you wake up. I actually saw some improvement in my skin today. Idk maybe it's a placebo or me generally improving my diet, but i did feel energized most of the day..

Yes, I don't have the link though :wall:

What you are doing drinking all that water is a good thing as you are clensing your liver flushing out the leftover toxins!

Maybe I wouldn't drink as much but thats basically a good cleanse routine.

What I do for a cleanse in the morning is drink a glass of water with a tablespoon of ACV to cleanse my liver and aid my digestion!!

Try it and after 3 weeks check the results and I promised you won't regret it

What you are doing drinking all that water is a good thing as you are clensing your liver flushing out the leftover toxins!

What I do for a cleanse in the morning is drink a glass of water with a tablespoon of ACV to cleanse my liver and aid my digestion!!

Wow, i cant drink water mix with ACV, damn its disgusting :wacko: . Can lemon with water do? ACV is apple cider vinegar.

what is ACV? sorry i am really crappy with all this stuff lol

ACV is the abbreviation for Apple Cider Vinegar.

Wow, i cant drink water mix with ACV, damn its disgusting :wacko: . Can lemon with water do? ACV is apple cider vinegar.

Lemon juice is ideal with ACV as it neutralizes much of the smell and taste. (Props to the late great ndnRomeo for that tip)

That said, my own experience with drinking acv was not great - in that I drank it for almost 6 months am and pm and saw no improvement. I found topical acv (diluted) to have a much more noticeable impact as a toner - but not enough to convince me to keep it up. :think:

Lemon juice is ideal with ACV as it neutralizes much of the smell and taste. (Props to the late great ndnRomeo for that tip)

That said, my own experience with drinking acv was not great - in that I drank it for almost 6 months am and pm and saw no improvement. I found topical acv (diluted) to have a much more noticeable impact as a toner - but not enough to convince me to keep it up. :think: