Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
helltoacne

Questions About Tazorac

I have a few questions about Tazorac. I would greatly appreciate any answers anyone might have to these questions.

1. I have used Tazorac for a little less than 11 months now, but I still have some acne. It's not bad, it's bearable. Here's the question. At this point, can I stop Tazorac and guarantee my acne won't come back to what it was before I used Tazorac?

2. Before I used Tazorac, my face did not get red from the sun after about 15-20 minutes. However, now my face is extremely sensitive to the sun. If I stopped Tazorac, how long would it take my face to not be sensitive to the sun anymore? Or am I doomed with a face sensitive to the sun even if I get off Tazorac?

I'm asking these questions because I am thinking about quitting Tazorac soon. Apparently, I go out in the sun a lot now that it's summer and I find it annoying that my face gets red quickly even with sunscreen on.

1. I have used Tazorac for a little less than 11 months now, but I still have some acne. It's not bad, it's bearable. Here's the question. At this point, can I stop Tazorac and guarantee my acne won't come back to what it was before I used Tazorac? No, Tazorac doesn't stay in your system. It's just topical, your skin will go back to what it was before.

2. Before I used Tazorac, my face did not get red from the sun after about 15-20 minutes. However, now my face is extremely sensitive to the sun. If I stopped Tazorac, how long would it take my face to not be sensitive to the sun anymore? Or am I doomed with a face sensitive to the sun even if I get off Tazorac? You will eventually not be sensitive to the sun. Again, Taz doesn't stay in your system.

Good luck!