Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
redfoxhound

Little bumps I think their called clogged pores

SO I have been struggling with this issue for quiet sometime now. Here is a bit of history:

I started off with proactive since I was 18 and it kind of help clear me from big pimples. Now I'm getting these tiny bumps and its all over my cheeks and forehead. I will take pictures soon. It seems like all the research I've done on the web lead me to believe this is the most frustrating acne to cure. My face looks clear from far but up close and in an angle into a light.... all you see are tiny little bumps. Sometimes it has dried oil which I can pull out using a tweazer.

Self Esteem:

I have been feeling like shit. I'm sure a lot of you can relate. I am so frsutrated.

Anyway I went to an esthetecian as all the dermatologist clinic in my area are fully booked until November. They suggested 3 chemical peels, 1 a month, then I am on Obagi Clenziderm normal to oily skin regime. Along with that, I am also on differin and clearasol (spelling).

Current Status:

I had my chemical peel last week and now I am completely peeled off of my old skin. My face doesn't break out as much with big pimples, but now al these clogged pores are apparent. Tiny little bumps ALL OVER MY FACE.

About Obagi Clenziderm Normal to Oily System

• STEP 1: Daily Care Foaming Cleanser - Removes dirt and excess oil with 2% Salicylic Acid, leaving skin clean and refreshed. 2% Salicylic Acid gently washes away dead skin cells to reveal healthier skin. Menthol cools and calms irritated skin

• STEP 2: Pore Therapy - Unclogs pores and clears dead skin cells while preparing skin to deeply absorb a liquified serum that targets acne at its source. 2% Salicylic Acid eliminates residue on the skin and minimizes blemishes.

• STEP 3: Serum Gel - Potent gel delivers solubilized BPO deep within the follicles where acne starts. Quickly clears acne and prevents new breakouts from occurring. Solubilized 5% BPO significantly reduces P. acnes.

With that I am also taking the following creams:

• Differin XP Gel 0.3% - Adapalene 0.3%
  • Clindasol Cream - Clindamycin Phosphate

Regime:

AM in the morning

I use the Obagi Clenziderm steps 1, 2, 3 (waiting 15 min in between)

Then I apply the clearasol

PM before bed after I shower

I use steps 1 and 2, then Differin.

Please someone out there can relate with me. Or share their experience. I don't know if this regime will work for me, it's only been 4 days. I do however have high hopes and I've read lots of reviews on Obagi Clenziderm normal to oily skin.

-----------------------------------------------

Update:

It's been 5 days so far since I started this regime and I have noticed minimal improvements. I am also breaking out more than usual, but not a big deal as it is suppose to. I'm going to be patient with this.

The regime definitely feels like it is working hard to penetrate my pores and kill the bacteria. My pores are getting better. It does sting and I think it requires you to wait in between application is because it takes time to work. I can definitely feel the stinging with each step for at least 10-15min.

Stay Tuned

post-105859-1245970806_thumb.jpg

post-105859-1245970818_thumb.jpg

post-105859-1245970823_thumb.jpg

post-105859-1245970827_thumb.jpg

post-105859-1245970831_thumb.jpg

post-105859-1245970806_thumb.jpg

post-105859-1245970818_thumb.jpg

post-105859-1245970823_thumb.jpg

post-105859-1245970827_thumb.jpg

post-105859-1245970831_thumb.jpg

SO I have been struggling with this issue for quiet sometime now. Here is a bit of history:

I started off with proactive since I was 18 and it kind of help clear me from big pimples. Now I'm getting these tiny bumps and its all over my cheeks and forehead. I will take pictures soon. It seems like all the research I've done on the web lead me to believe this is the most frustrating acne to cure. My face looks clear from far but up close and in an angle into a light.... all you see are tiny little bumps. Sometimes it has dried oil which I can pull out using a tweazer.

Self Esteem:

I have been feeling like shit. I'm sure a lot of you can relate. My mother said something to me the other day that just broke me in tears. She said I looked like I had an infection. I am so frsutrated.

Anyway I went to an esthetecian as all the dermatologist clinic in my area are fully booked until November. They suggested 3 chemical peels, 1 a month, then I am on Obagi Clenziderm normal to oily skin regime. Along with that, I am also on differin and clearasol (spelling).

Current Status:

I had my chemical peel last week and now I am completely peeled off of my old skin. My face doesn't break out as much with big pimples, but now al these clogged pores are apparent. Tiny little bumps ALL OVER MY FACE.

Regime:

AM in the morning

I use the Obagi Clenziderm steps 1, 2, 3 (waiting 15 min in between)

Then I apply the clearasol

PM before bed after I shower

I use steps 1 and 2, then Differin.

Please someone out there can relate with me. Or share their experience. I don't know if this regime will work for me, it's only been 4 days. I do however have high hopes and I've read lots of reviews on Obagi Clenziderm normal to oily skin.

Thanks

Have you ever tried a BHA/Salicylic acid product? I just PM'd you, so check your messages.

Hey Polska,

I didn't receive any message from you. Maybe takes a bit?

The Regime I am which is Obagi Clenziderm normal to oily skin has it:

Step#1 Daily Care Foaming Cleanser

2% Salicylic acid

It also has Menthol

Step#2 Pore Therapy

2% Salicylic Acid

It also has alcohol. Specially denature alcohol

Step#3 Serum gel

5% liquefied benozoyl peroxide

I also did a chemical peel which I know has Salycic acid

:)