Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fleur6

Unwanted hair :( Help!

Hello all,

I have a rather embarrassing issue... I seem to have developed more chin hair over the last couple months (I should mention that I'm a lady haha) and it's driving me nuts. It's not so much that it's dark (it's actually blonde/white), but it's the coarse texture that's the problem. Every time I wash my face I feel this stubbly stuff, and it feels horrible...

I've tried tweezing it before, but it always causes me to break out where I plucked.

What would be the best way to get rid of this? I'm sort of thinking laser or electrolysis, but I've already read some posts where people say that lasers increase acne. Does electrolysis have the same effect?

I'd really, really appreciate any advice anyone can give me.

Thanks so much!!!

I am also a girl and have an electric shaver that I use to shave my face. I think a regular razor cuts the hair too short, which can cause ingrown hairs/breakouts. This is probably what is happening when you are tweezing. An electric shaver with different sized attachments can be found for about $20.

if there's hair threading in your area, go for it. painful but cheap with no wax and no side effects. last just as long as waxing, too.

Any of the above removal methods.

But also start drinking a couple cups of mint tea. It inhibits the DHT from stimulating follicles making the growth a lot less coarse and so less visible and less embarassing. It's still there and seems to grow just as fast, but it's a lot easier to deal with. Razor stubble on my legs is a lot softer too.

I do it by making pitchers of iced tea and have the equivalent of about 3 cups per day. And the difference was noticeable in about a month I think.

Hi

Laser won't work if its on anything but dark hair and if you have darker skin, you'll be more prone to scarring from the lasers. I have extremely fair skin so I was a good candidate and my OB/Gynie's office has a spa that offers laser treatments. I had it done and while it helped on the dark hairs, somewhat, it didn't on anything blonde. I feel it was a waste of money to be honest. I'm better with the tweezers and have better results.

JMHO

Rd

i can't believe some women shave their faces. i'd be terrified to do that even once, eek then again i have medium skin and black hair, so messing with my hair is a little more scary.