Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minty Peas

Preventing a Breakout After Laser Treatment

I wasn't really sure if I should put this here or in the scar forum. It kind of spans two topics, but I figured it relates more to acne than scarring so I'll put it here. :)

I don't really have a problem with acne right now since I'm on birth control (it used to be bad before I started the pill, though). My main facial problem now comes from the indented scarring left by old breakouts. So I'm taking steps to get rid of my scarring as much as possible.

Last October I had a Total FX (Active FX + Deep FX) treatment on my cheeks just where the majority of my scars are. About two weeks afterward, I had some pretty bad zit issues - about four really large and painful ones cropped up one after another and stayed on my face for 2+ weeks before they healed. At the time, I didn't really connect this with the laser treatment, but now I'm wondering if there is a relationship.

After the laser I had to use Aquaphor ointment for about a week to keep my skin moist and aid in the healing process. And then about a week after I stopped using it, mysteriously all these monster zits showed up. Probably clogged my pores up good, I'm guessing. So, I'm going in for another of these laser treatments about a week from today. I will have to use the Aquaphor again, but I wonder if there is any way I can prevent another of these nasty breakouts.

I'd love to hear any suggestions you guys might have. Thanks for reading! :)