Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pink_melodies

UGHHHHH!!!!!!! This is soooooo depressing... REALLY

Ok, so I just did a Pumpkin Mask w/ 5% Glycolic Acid about 20 minutes ago. I KNOW - I'm not to expect immediate results, if any. But why, oh why, soes EVERYTHING work for EVERYBODY BUT ME! I did notice an instant softening of my skin, but no reduction of redness. No nothing really except the softness.

post-66301-1245954033_thumb.jpg

That's my skin after the peel. It's a little red, but that's okay - basically the brown spots are my focus. WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK????????

Some say Retin-A. Some say Mandelic Acid. Some say Lactic Acid. Some say Glycolic Acid. Some say Apple Cider Vinegar. Some say Hydroquinone. Some say time.

WELL. I'm afraid of Retin-A. I've been using apple cider vinegar. Hydroquinone, too. TIME? What time? I have none of that.

Acids - I REALLY want to try one. But which one? The majority has no straight answer for me.

I mean, my skin is ripply in spots, red and brown here and there but mostly EVERYWHERE, and I'm having a hard time looking at everyone else's perfect skin. My kids, OMG. Perfection. My hubby, OMG. 95% BEAUTIFUL. He just has a couple, meaning 2 or 3, razor bumps that are mostly hidden. I'm the bright yellow black girl walking out of the house with faux confidence, feeling horrible inside for people that have to look at me.

I would never tell my fiance - I know he loves me, but I don't want him to know exactly how bad I feel. So I tell you guys - perfect strangers who go through this too.

So what have you done that you didn't have to almost give your arm and leg for? I don't have thousands, or even hundreds, of dollars to give to a doctor over and over. I don't even want to even have to go 30+ minutes away to find someone to fix my issues. There's no one in this small city who has the expertise (there aren't even any derms here, much less a holistic center or anything), so I am asking YOU. YOU have been here, maybe still are. YOU tried something that worked wonders, or is still in the process of doing so.

I am at my wit's end. I desperately want to follow my dreams, but not like this. I want to put my best face forward so people don't judge me before I get to really show them what's behind this CRAP. PLEASE do not read and leave. Give whatever you can - ONLY positive, that gave you definite results. Not something that "could" or "might". I'm so done with this stuff. I'm done living like a recluse. I'm done looking. If you guys can't help, I will officially deem myself "un-help-able" and... i don't know what then. I just hope it doesn't get there...

post-66301-1245954033_thumb.jpg

I am at my wit's end. I desperately want to follow my dreams, but not like this. I want to put my best face forward so people don't judge me before I get to really show them what's behind this CRAP. PLEASE do not read and leave. Give whatever you can - ONLY positive, that gave you definite results. Not something that "could" or "might". I'm so done with this stuff. I'm done living like a recluse. I'm done looking. If you guys can't help, I will officially deem myself "un-help-able" and... i don't know what then. I just hope it doesn't get there...

The problem with this is that there's no one, definite answer. Different treatments work for different people, so no one's going to be able to tell you, "This will definitely work for you", because no one else has your exact skin. All people can do is offer things that have worked for them that might work for you.

That said, I really hope you find a treatment that works. Keep your chin up. You've got a family that loves you, and from what I can see in your picture, you're a very pretty lady. Don't let a bit of scarring get you down. I know that can be hard, but try. : )

for redness really only lasers or time owrks, topicals can help calm the redness like antioxidants.

sicne you have darker skin tone, u would use mandelic if not that then lactic, but not gyloci or retina

I know you said you are afraid of it, but Retin A has always been a saving grace for me. I have been taking it for over 14 years and it has worked great for brown spots. You face will shed in the beginning, but overtime it really does work great. When I stop the medication I get in to trouble. Retin A is also safe to take over the course of a life time.

As for the financial aspect, send me a PM and I can give you a site where you can get it for real cheap.

Good luck to you!

The problem with this is that there's no one, definite answer. Different treatments work for different people, so no one's going to be able to tell you, "This will definitely work for you", because no one else has your exact skin. All people can do is offer things that have worked for them that might work for you.

That said, I really hope you find a treatment that works. Keep your chin up. You've got a family that loves you, and from what I can see in your picture, you're a very pretty lady. Don't let a bit of scarring get you down. I know that can be hard, but try. : )

Thanks - I'm looking into the lactic... and MUAC has a peel called Radiance Peel with both Lactic and Mandelic. Good or Bad idea?

I know how you feel :(

But don't let it get you down. Try to see it as a challenge that makes you stronger, tougher and more compassionate than others around you. It's an experience that will help you bless others.

Now for the more practical advice. It seems you have some active acne, so before you try and work on scars and clear red marks I would try and get the acne cleared up. Have you tried antibiotics? They aren't great long term, but short term they can do wonders in clearing your skin. Have you tried Dan's Regimen? That may work to help you control the breakouts, make sure though that your skin can handle it. After that you can try an AHA Lotion, which I've found to be effective for fading red marks.

Probably the most important thing that's helped me is testing my food allergies. You might want to check with an allergist to see what you might be allergic to. I did one of those tests and it came back positive for like two dozen different types of foods. After eliminating that stuff, breakouts decreased and my skin healed faster. Also exercising daily has helped a lot as well.

Don't ever give up! There are people who have it worse and they need the rest of us to stay strong so they can too.

I know how you feel :(

But don't let it get you down. Try to see it as a challenge that makes you stronger, tougher and more compassionate than others around you. It's an experience that will help you bless others.

Now for the more practical advice. It seems you have some active acne, so before you try and work on scars and clear red marks I would try and get the acne cleared up. Have you tried antibiotics? They aren't great long term, but short term they can do wonders in clearing your skin. Have you tried Dan's Regimen? That may work to help you control the breakouts, make sure though that your skin can handle it. After that you can try an AHA Lotion, which I've found to be effective for fading red marks.

Probably the most important thing that's helped me is testing my food allergies. You might want to check with an allergist to see what you might be allergic to. I did one of those tests and it came back positive for like two dozen different types of foods. After eliminating that stuff, breakouts decreased and my skin healed faster. Also exercising daily has helped a lot as well.

Don't ever give up! There are people who have it worse and they need the rest of us to stay strong so they can too.

I do have active acne, but I used my mask in my sig, and it REALLY diminished. So, I'll keep doing the mask and then I'm going to try lactic acid peels.

As for an allergist, I could have developed allergies in 10 years, but I have visited one in the past. There was nothing then, but may be worth another look to see now.

Any suggestions on an AHA lotion? I've tried strict regimens, also, with facial products (although not Dan's). It never worked for me, so I'm done with them.

Thanks for replying :)

RIP MJ

I wanted to get allergy tested and so I went to the family doc and he told me that people only get tested for allergies if they know what they may be allergic to. He said some bs about there being too many allergies to test...so that was that I couldnt get an allergy test referral.

I knew I heard about people going some place and getting checked for many allergies so I felt crazy when the doc said otherwise.

I think the guy is slipping. He does kinda treat me like an asshole.

I wanted to get allergy tested and so I went to the family doc and he told me that people only get tested for allergies if they know what they may be allergic to. He said some bs about there being too many allergies to test...so that was that I couldnt get an allergy test referral.

I knew I heard about people going some place and getting checked for many allergies so I felt crazy when the doc said otherwise.

I think the guy is slipping. He does kinda treat me like an asshole.

Maybe he treats people like assholes because he wants everyone to feel like he does... like an asshole.

That makes him more of one though.