Notifications
Clear all

omfg coconut oil!

MemberMember
(@pokerpro)

Posted : 06/25/2009 11:59 am

Hi guys im making this post to share something that has worked tremendously for me, coconut oil.

so ill give you guys a bit of a brief on my skins history. it started 3 years ago when i got my first few pimples. i paniced and as we all do we believe through the high budget advertising that creams such as benzoyl peroxide will stop the acne. However it did not stop it did not get worse as such however i used it so much that it damaged my skin extremely. After a few months of benzoyl peroxide i quit using it and for the next 2 years tryed every otc product to make my skin "normal" damaging it extremely in the process. the things i have used over the past 2 years include: mild cleanseers, harsh cleansers, natural cleansers,just water, no water at all+ no cleansers, lemons, sea salt, sunligght, urine, seman (yes i got that desperate)l , acv, baking soda etc etc.

I would like to point out at this stage that before i found the cocnut oil i did not suffer from acne i suffered from "DAMAGED SKIN" my skin was so stripped of its natural protection i basically got dandruff on my face (seborrheic dermaitis), which is large red patches with peeling skin. something extremely disgusting to look at. My skin also looked like shit, uneven skin tone, papery texture lots of large pores all the crap youd expect after years of phony treatments (except acv it helped but it did "heal" it masked the problem).

OK 7 days ago i went out to a night club with my skin looking like shit. a lot of people i know were there and i was receivng commenrts like "man are you burnt" "dude you look like u got a sunglasses burn mark" "what is that acne?" all kinds of crap, i looked like a red glowing wierdo and i couoldnt handle it. i called my mum to pick me up from the night club i just had to get out.

on the way home i broke down i cried in the car to my mum for the first time in 3 years. i mean it was the first time in 3 years i told anyone how i felt about my skin. i let it all out and thank god i did. i thought i could beat my skin addiction by myself and i was also embarrased to tell my parents and ask them to buy me products for it i would always go to the shop which would stress me out hence my rashes flame up etc etc downward spiral.

but i finally told her and my dad too which was good they understood and said we will fix this and get your life back on track. i forgot to mention that i have done a lot of internet based research on skin and how to make it heal etc etc. so i told them all the stuff i learnt about the acid mantle and using natural products noty the chemical laden crap that is so highly advertised. so on one of my internet sessions i came across coconut oil, first thing i saw was "coconut oil help heal the skins celll structure" sojmething like that so i researhced it more and decided to give it a go. i was now able to tell mum what to get for me and i didn have to worry about going to the shops (yes i was so conscious of my skin i could not go to the shops).

that was 7 days ago. now id like to talk about the coconut oil itself. Now i really not sure why it gives such great resukts but im pretty sure its because it contains like 90% medium fatty acids, which is also what sebum is made up of. As i stated before i gave the caveman regime a trial for 7 days and at the end my skin was a flaky mess but it did feel alot healthier and betterand this was i think because of the sebum.

so anyway ive been applying the coconut oil (make sure its OGRANIC VIRGIN UNREFINED - you can buy it at your local health store) to my face after i shower (its quite greasy but it absorbs realy well after a shower) and OMG my results are fucking incredible i cant believe it. Seriously my skin has neevvvvvvvverr looked this good in ages. NO PIMPLES NO RASHES EVEN SKIN TONE EVERYTHING! and thats only after a fucking weeek!!!

ILL try post again in a week and share if it gets better , but omg guys atm its looking so good i actually want to go out in public and show it off im tha happy.

I HOPE ive helped someone with the post i know its long as fuck but i had to get my story out there becuase fuck i honestly dont know where id be if i didnt find this miracle oil.

Please do some research on the oil if ur semi interested by my post , trust me youll be intrigued when u read the stuff out there!

thanks again!

Glynna liked
MemberMember
(@languages)

Posted : 06/25/2009 12:07 pm

Um, that's weird, coconut oil is EXTREMELY comedogenic. This makes me believe that all the products you used harshly actually just made your acne so much worse. Makes me also believe you didn't really have any acne/much to begin with.

MemberMember
(@pokerpro)

Posted : 06/26/2009 12:48 am

yeah no shit using all the products made it worse. it destroyed my acid mantle leaving my skin extremely vulnerable to pimples + dermatits (which was my main problem). i cant look it up now but if you further your research on coconut oil you will be able to find out about its antifungal antiviral + healing abilities

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/26/2009 12:53 am

I hear everywhere that coconut oil clogs up your pores pretty badly. Then again,the same thing was said about petroleum and that's completely bogus.

MemberMember
(@pokerpro)

Posted : 06/26/2009 2:21 am

look a bit more on the net for sites dedicated to coconut oil. Maybe its just my skin, but i have not seen a pimple since i started applying just progress. its up to you to try it. if you want that smooth and even skin u need to give it a go, i recommend using it after a shower though as its absorbs alot quickers (its quite greasy)

MemberMember
(@tigermike)

Posted : 07/23/2009 11:21 pm

congrats on finding something that works for ya.

i've been doing the coconut oil thing as well for about a month now.

I only wash my face with water.

And at night i put coconut oil on before i go to sleep and then rinse it off in the morning.

there are sometimes when i'll put it on during the day but most of the time it gets too shiny.

It really does help a whole lot. I don't think i've gotten anything worse than a few blackheads and small whiteheads since i started. No more papules or pustules! And i seem to get less blemishes as the days go by.

I recommend you read a book by Dr. Bruce Fife called "the coconut oil miracle". Excellent book.

I also would suggest you try consuming a couple tablespoons of the virgin coconut oil per day.

that seems to help me too. It'll benefit the skin "from the inside". it's anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.

MemberMember
(@romsia)

Posted : 07/24/2009 3:04 am

I have read quite a lot about coconut oil.. But I have never tried it though.. Putting oil on my face scares me.. But I am glad its working for you.. :)

MemberMember
(@clara0898)

Posted : 01/01/2015 3:54 am

The reason coconut oIL works really well for some (including myself) is because it is cleansing of the sorts. Not gonna get too complex, but the oil kinda mocks sebum, for they are very similar oils. When you put it on your face, your skin is like "oh looky there's plenty of oil I don't need to do anything"and doesn't produce as much oil. Because coconut oil is cleansing, and can bring very positive results to some. On the other hand, some see the opposite. It's all about the type of acne you have. Personally, it has done wonders to my skin.

MemberMember
(@dacollector)

Posted : 08/19/2015 4:34 pm

Hi, new here, but I have to say that while I would be instinctively suspect of any oil, and would be surprised if coconut oil is great for skin ... I keep on getting impressed from time to time with the things I hear coconut oil is good for.

MemberMember
(@dan-crow)

Posted : 08/22/2015 11:02 am

Um, that's weird, coconut oil is EXTREMELY comedogenic. This makes me believe that all the products you used harshly actually just made your acne so much worse. Makes me also believe you didn't really have any acne/much to begin with.

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 04/24/2016 6:23 am

am happy it worked for uh...
but for me...
its actually the rsn behind my acne...
i never ever had acne... ppl use to compliment me on how great my skin looked.... but now