Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bradlee

Multiple Skin Types + Inflam. and Non-Inflam. Acne

Hi everyone!

Long time no talk --- wave brandy --- anyway...

I've been using DKR BP for over three years now and I love it - nothing's worked as effectively for me.

I have an oily T-zone and a combination (dry/normal) on all other areas of the face. Additionally, I get both inflammatory and non-inflammatory acne.

I'm aware that BP doesn't really treat non-inflammatory acne, so this is what I've done to try to combat that:

Morning:

Gentle Scrub - very warm water - Neutrogena Oil Free Gentle Scrub

Apply 2% Salicylic Acid Toner to T-Zone (mainly nose)

Apply 2.5% BP to face

Mix CeraVe lotion with NHSFL for daily moisturizer (sun screen helps! :) )

Night:

Wash with CeraVe cleanser

Apply Duac Gel (from Derm)

Moisturize lightly with CeraVe.

Anyway, I've tried retinoids such as Differin and had not-so-great results as I did with DKR (yes I was on it for over six months) and it didn't seem to help the blackheads and clogged pores much.

So as you can tell, I'm very reluctant to not applying Dan's BP as it's been my "safeguard" for beautiful skin.

Anyway - cutting to the chase. I still cannot seem to get rid of blackheads and clogged pores, especially in the nose area (main problem). I don't understand how exfoliation / toning / and oxidization (BP) won't get rid of these suckers. And I should mention I'm persistant... I never miss an application.

I guess I'm considering trying Dan's AHA for my problem non-inflammatory areas?

Or should I be trying a different type of active exfoliant for during the day?

Help please!

Any advice or comments / suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance. :shifty:

Hey Bradlee!

It's nice to see you! :)

You're doing so much with your skin right now. I'm surprised your blackheads have survived all that! Are you using the bp generously?

Heya :)

Yes, I've been using the BP generously.

I guess I've been a tad lighter on the nose because I didn't want to dry out as bad with the toner added in.

They're just so stubborn but if I tried to squeeze them out, a good portion would probably give way besides the super stubborn ones.

I think I'm going to try Mandelic acid (is there any cheaper ones than MaMa Lotion? 45$ sheeeeesh!)