Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey I'm Adam :)

Im 15 years old (nearly 16) battling acne since 14 :boohoo:

I'm from Ireland and have been reading these posts for a long time and it has helped a lot so I thought I would get involved :dance:

I am after getting so much more clear reading these posts but I have lost a load of weight and I am looking to gain lean body mass and muscle!

Any body have any ideas??

This is what my diet looks like \/

Breakfast-

1/2 cup of 100% wholegrain rolled oats with 1 cup of water and 15 blueberries with 25 grams of pumpkin seeds

Snack-

Handful almonds with 125g organic natural yoghurt

Lunch-

100% Wholemeal pitta bread with turkey breast steamed veg and 80g salad with apple

100% Wholemeal rye bread chicken breast steamed veg and 80g salad with apple

100% durum wheat Wholewheat pasta (with this sauce that has nothing but organic safe ingredients) 80g salad with apple

(I put EVOO on all my salads)

Snack-

An apple with 5 strawberries

Dinner-

Steak with 2 1/2 cups steamed veg and sweet potatoes

Spaghetti bolognese with 2 1/2 cup steamed veg and whole wheat pasta

Chicken fillet with 100% wholegrain low gi rice and 2 1/2 cups steamed veg

Fish twice a week (cod usually) with 2 1/2 cups steamed veg with sweet potatoes or whole wheat pasta

I drink 3 litres of filtered water a day.

I drink a glass of water with 1 tablespoon of ACV first thing in the morning.

I take fish oil supplements 1 in the morning and 1 in evening and vitamin E 1 in the morning.

I take at least 4 portions of veg a day(broccoli,zuchinni,egg plant,peppers,carrots,cauliflower,spinach,red onions,cucumbers)

I get 2 and 1/2 portions of fruit a day.

Get decent exercise maybe not enough.

Any ideas thanks^_^

Looks pretty good as long as you aren't intolerant to any of those things. How long have you been eating this way? If you don't get results, you might try avoiding common problematic foods one at a time. Like the dairy, the wheat, and the almonds,

Why don't you have a few almonds or pumpkin seeds with your afternoon fruit snack to lower the GL of the meal.

Why does apples and strawberries have a high gl :confused:

I have been mixing them with romaine lettuce now to make a green smoothies with water :)

I'm not intolerant to nuts wheat or dairy well not yogurt anyway but i cut out all refined grains and sugars and high gi foods and processed and all unnatural foods and dairy!

Why does apples and strawberries have a high gl :confused:

I have been mixing them with romaine lettuce now to make a green smoothies with water :)

I'm not intolerant to nuts wheat or dairy well not yogurt anyway but i cut out all refined grains and sugars and high gi foods and processed and all unnatural foods and dairy!

You just want to keep your blood sugar as stable as possible and a little fat or protein will help. Yours might remain stable.

I know eating an apple raises my blood sugar because I finished eating one right as I was walking into a clinic and when they checked my blood sugar, it was somewhat high. Not diabetes high, but high enough that the doctor wanted a test for a long term marker of frequent high blood sugar. I want to say 150, but I really don't remember.

He said that someone who worked out as much as I do wouldn't get that high. But the way they phrased the questionnaire, I described the amount of exercise as 30 min to a hour daily which sounds like I workout a lot. But it's that I walk daily which takes about 30 minutes, and occasionally do other workouts. I do sedentary work from home and don't even go anywhere several days a week so 30 minutes of walking probably isn't enough.

You might whant more protein in your breakfast. Are you looking on nutrition lables to see how much protein you are getting? People trying to build muscle are suposed to get 1 gram per pound of bodyweight, and many foods that are supposed to be high in protein arn't high enough for us. If you choose to add protein powders, isolates are typically more digestible than concentrates.

I get nearly 60 grams a day :)

I think anyway :doh:

What do you reccomend I could add to get more protein??

Baring in mind I'm nearly 16 years old

Lol, I get about 220g of protein. Wow, you're 16 and you could afford to buy all those?

It looks quite expensive.

I would replace the bread, and pasta! For ezekiel foods! They sell pasta, cereals, breads, etc.

They all have similar ingredient! And it's healthy! At least healthier than those you have listed.

I eat a lot of ezekiel bread to gain weight! As a result, I've gained 20 lbs!

Oh, and 60g it's not enough!

Lol, I get about 220g of protein. Wow, you're 16 and you could afford to buy all those?

It looks quite expensive.

I would replace the bread, and pasta! For ezekiel foods! They sell pasta, cereals, breads, etc.

They all have similar ingredient! And it's healthy! At least healthier than those you have listed.

I eat a lot of ezekiel bread to gain weight! As a result, I've gained 20 lbs!

Oh, and 60g it's not enough!

Really :shock:

How much should I get per day?

They don't sell that brand in Europe I checked :lol:

I eat a good bit of wholemeal rye bread which has good protein and added apple fiber!!

What foods do you reccomend I could add to my diet to get more protein?

Thanks ^_^

Adam,

Wow, I think you're doing great!!

You might be able to find another high protein bread other than Ezekiel in Europe. Maybe ask at health food stores if there are any "sprouted grain" breads.

Also, I would consider adding beans/legumes to your daily diet. They are high in protein, a good source of carbs, and very high in antioxidants.

Sunflower seeds are a very high protein seed that are an excellent choice for those trying to gain muscle.

Starchy veggies, like the sweet potatoes you're doing, corn, and squash will all help with weight gain as well.

All of the above mentioned will definitely help with weight gain. Do you like peanut butter? Below are two super delicious recipes with peanut butter:

Thai Caggabe Dressing:If you like cabbage, a wonderful dressing is peanut butter, dash of lemon juice, dash of apple cider vinegar, enough water to stir, honey, and chili powder. This is the Thai salad recipe from Rawvolution. I keep this made up all the time, and I shred cabbage in my Vita-Mix and keep that prepared as well. Another great snack to have on hand! The peanut butter will help with gaining weight.

Peanut Butter Balls:

For a delicious dessert/snack, mix peanut butter, honey, cinnamon, raisins, raw oats, cocoa powder (optional), and chocolate chips sprinkled on top if you wish. I make a big batch of this,let it cool for a bit in the fridge (otherwise it's too sticky), roll into balls, place in a glass pyrex dish and freeze. They're on hand whenever I want!

Wow :shock:

Thanks a bunch :)

They look wonderful!!

I love thai food it's so healthy and Indian food aswell ^_^

There is this restaurant by my house that does Indian food (the proper stuff) and its my little getaway once a month :lol:

Thanks for the recipes I always thought peanut butter was bad for you :confused:

No problem! I thought the same for a long time, but not anymore. Oh! Just be sure to get "natural" PB - the kind that you have to stir up with "no" hydrogenated oils. Also look for salt-free (might have to go to a health food store), and if you can find raw (I haven't yet, but I think it exists), even better!