Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shinshin123

Help! I really need help, people T.T ...

I've been doing a lot of readings on zinc and its effectiveness in reducing/getting rid of acne. After hearing a lot of positive feedback from people who have tried it before, I went to Shoppers and purchased some zinc for myself too. Currently, I'm on my second day, and my face has been itchy like hell. I don't know what is happening to me lately but my skin never looked this bad before. Its like bumpy and.. oh my, I just get angry looking at myself in the mirror..

The thing is that I'm not sure if its normal to have initial breakout from zinc, and also the itchiness that I'm experiencing is surely strange. I know it's not good to be impatient but I'm rather hopeless and depressed. My face is already pretty bad, and I don't want it to look WORSE than it is now, only better(hopefully).

I'd be SO thankful if anyone could explain the situation that I'm in right now. And one more question, should I continue taking zinc(100mg/day) or should I just stop?

Thanks A LOT!

you could be having an allergic reaction to the zinc pills you have been taking. are you experiencing itchy skin and bumps elsewhere on your body? i think i would stop taking the pills and see if the itchiness goes away in a few days.

Maybe the Zinc is cleansing you??

It could be pushing all those zits out maybe??

The same thing happened to me with ACV but I stuck with it and after a while it completely worked I couldn't believe it!!

So stick with it for a week or two and if it still hurts and itches you could be allergic!!

Another source of zinc is pumkin seeds and almonds which i take everyday so you could even try them instead!!

Also red meat is a great source but only twice or thrice a week as it could be a problem!!

The thing is it's only itchy on my face and everywhere else is pretty much fine. I don't mild body acne and it's pretty much gone so that's not my concern now.

Today I woke up and I could tell that my acne has calmed down a bit? I'm not sure about this but I'll just be positive :D :D :D

I think I'm getting used to the itchiness and its kinda better compared to the past days.

So.. hopefully it'll all get better

Be strong :)

I say you are not allergic because it is only confined to your face so I say stick with it for a while and you never know :think:

OMG .. yes I'm sticking with it for now. my fourth day is almost over, and there's really nothing but disappointment..

Do you know how long this is supposed to last? I feel like all my under skin pimples are being pushed out and they look gross!!! Ahhh god .. I'll just head to bed now T.T

Trust me it's going to take a while!!

If it were that easy then no one would have acne!!

It happened to me and I couldn't even look in the mirror without wanting to break it :lol:

As you said its all under your skin just being pushed out give it 3 weeks and then see if it gets any better!!

You're doing a good job :)

Good luck