Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nixon1

Doing Active/Deep Fx this Friday!!!

I'm doing Active Fx this friday and can not wait, let me tell you!! I have had acne since about the time you guys had it. I did my research and sought out a good dr in the so cal area. I hope it works. I do understand there might only be about a 25-30% improvement but I dont care. I think the thing that irritates me is the red color on my face. It seems to add definition to my scars and pop out. So im doing the whole face resurfacing. I will be posting before and after pics to let you guys know how it goes. I promise I will be back. and answer all your questions. Below are pics of my face today.

I'm doing Active Fx this friday and can not wait, let me tell you!! I have had acne since about the time you guys had it. I did my research and sought out a good dr in the so cal area. I hope it works. I do understand there might only be about a 25-30% improvement but I dont care. I think the thing that irritates me is the red color on my face. It seems to add definition to my scars and pop out. So im doing the whole face resurfacing. I will be posting before and after pics to let you guys know how it goes. I promise I will be back. and answer all your questions. Below are pics of my face today.

Good luck man. Thanks for keeping us updated.

DudleyDoRight I have been on bleaching cream for over a month now. I can see my skin is lighter. I will continue to use a higher dosage for a month after to prevent the hyperpigmentation. Hope it works.. And im not using Fraxel im using a Co2 laser which will take only one treatment from what I have read and heard. You should look into it.Fraxel takes about 8 treatments to do.

Good luck Nixon! I have scars similar to yours, but a lot more and a lot worse. I really hope it works for you, because if it does, it will definitely work for me. I'm going to go Dudley's route and do the Re:Pair instead. Hope to hear on your results soon.

Well its Saturday the day after my laser treatment. Even with the pills, the cream and injections to numb my skin, it still hurt like a muthafuka. I wanted it to end so so bad but maned up and kept going on. It lasted about an hour and a half but I was there 2 hours prior so that the meds can kick in. I have Aquaphor on my face and started washing and applying this morning. I still have numbness so I cant tel if my face as improved. It looks good right now tho. I will post my pics and vids as soon as I feel like getting around to it. I hope this maes me feel better. Im sure I will have to do a follow up treatment. Ttyl

best of luck on the healing Nixon, hope it goes we'll.

Keep us updated because I may be getting similar procedures done.

Well its the 5th day after treatment and I am still a little pink but not to bad. I noticed that the scars still remain but are not as deep. I can tell you that its not what I expected. I have a couple months to go before I see the true results but so far I went from being happy to being upset. I called my dr for a follow up today. I will be meeting with him on Monday so he can tell me whats going on and how my face will change (if any). I see from the front of my face, my scars dont look deep. It looks really smooth like I wanted. I dont know guys. I hope this is not the end result.

Yea I can say its about 25% improvement. After doing research, I found out its going to take a couple months to fully see the effects. I hope someone can contest to that. I wonder how dramatic the effects will be. As for the swelling, I dont know. I feels different but its not numb i dont really see if its swollen. I checked on pics i had before and pics now and see the jaw line is about the same. I hope it doesnt go down tho. Right now my scars look really shallow and i can live with that for a few months. I still have the redness tho and im not talking about the pink face. Im talking about the darker part where the craters are. I was hoping it would have went away and i would have one flush tone. I need to ask my derm about that one on monday.

Hey so posted below are the pics thus far. Tell me what you think. The pics are backwards. Its day 4, day after and day of. I uploaded them incorrectly. My

Right now im on day 6. Sorry I mostly took video of my progress. I will post more pics of everyday to let you guys know how im doing..

Anyone know how long I have to wait before I can shave?

post-104017-1246530833_thumb.jpg

post-104017-1246530870_thumb.jpg

post-104017-1246530940_thumb.jpg

post-104017-1246530833_thumb.jpg

post-104017-1246530870_thumb.jpg

post-104017-1246530940_thumb.jpg

Nixon,

is your skin still bleeding at day six?

Did you have just ActiveFx or ActiveFx and DeepFx?

Btw: I had (micro-) sweeling after Fraxel Restore that lasted up to three weeks. The visible sweeling went down after a couple of days but smaller scars have been partially filled in for weeks due to the micro sweeling.

DudleyDoRight I have been on bleaching cream for over a month now. I can see my skin is lighter. I will continue to use a higher dosage for a month after to prevent the hyperpigmentation. Hope it works.. And im not using Fraxel im using a Co2 laser which will take only one treatment from what I have read and heard. You should look into it.Fraxel takes about 8 treatments to do.

Nixon1, Fraxel Repair and TotalFX are comparable technologies. Neither is a "One & Done" procedure regardless what the doctor may have told you. Unless you have very shallow scaring you will need 3-4 treatments for optimum improvement. These treatments have to be at least 4-6 months apart. I have also had Dermabrasion and full CO2, and Repair is the best of the bunch. I did not do the Fraxel Restore that you were talking about.

P.S. You will experience micro swelling for 3-4 months, by then the final results are evident. I got about 30% after the first Repair CO2 and I am up to about 50-60% after the 2nd. I am planning the 3rd Repair for the fall.

Although you said you only have about 25% improvement, this will definitely motivate me to take the step and get Repair done. Although it's too soon to tell, it looks like there is an improvement for sure. What was the cost?

hi nixon, i did total fx 2 times. i could shave after a few days, but i waited until about day 6 or 7, to be safe. i'd say at about day 7, you can return to your normal skin care routine. you can exercise too, but be careful, only cuz the sweat might make your face sting so much that you wanna go crazy. other than that, it's pretty much just healing, and you can go back to normal at day 7. ALWAYS USE SUN SCREEN THOUGH AND AVOID THE SUN. you don't want those sun spots.

i can't tell you about the 6 month thing. i mean, it's hard to tell when you're lookin constantly every day, like i did. i'd say i got maybe 20-30% improvement after the 1st time. it's been a month since my 2nd one, so i can't really say how well that worked out for me yet. my doctor told me about the 6 month thing, and they knew i was skeptical about it. so they said, "it's no b.s. it's true, it really does continue to get better".

here's the thing that i found out in my case. cuz after my 1st one, i was heartbroken, kinda like you. all my scarring returned, even my shallow ones. i found out that it doesn't really make scars disappear. it's more that it makes them seem less harsh. dudley is right though. it's definitely not something you can do once and be done w/ it. but its like my doctor told me. it took a long time to get the scars, it's gonna take a long time to work w/ them too.

good luck

Bug, as we both know the effects are cumulative. It is important to know your treatment levels so you can be an informed consumer.

Drexel, I highly recommend Repair. I had it done when it first came out and it was 5k, the 2nd time it was 2k, and the 3rd time will be 2k again. Repair and TotalFX are very similar, but I prefer the rolling application of Repair.

Nixon1, you seem to have very mild swelling. What were your treatment levels? At day 2 I was unrecognizable.

Hey guys thanks for all your input. It really makes me feel a lot better after reading what you guys have been through. I'm on my 10th day of healing and do see my face is less abrasive in texture. Although the redness is still there, I do see, from looking at my face in the mirror, my cheeks seem to be level. I dont have any swelling anymore. I am using a good sunscreen with spf 30 when I go outside. I know this will get better in the months to come. Below is a pic with flash and sunscreen taken today. I seem my derm tomorrow and will ask many question. I will post what he tells me and you guys need to let me know whats bs and whats not. Cool?

post-104017-1246842732_thumb.jpg

post-104017-1246842732_thumb.jpg

Nixon1, you still have microswelling, you just can't tell. It will take a good 3 months to realize the total effects of your procedure - just ask the doctor.

Microswelling or not, that's looking like a great improvement.

Is your complexion and texture improved?

Drexel, I am just warning everybody not to expect what they see at 10 days is going to what they see at 3 months. Many people become dissapointed because the initial big progress wears off as the microswelling subsides, and they think the procedure has failed when in reality they are seeing improvement. I am not a big believer in building those false hopes.