Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperConscious

What is wrong my face?

Any recommendations would be great.

I work out daily(of course I wash my face after), I wash my face twice a day with some Tea Tree Oil, I don't consume sugary products like candy bars and sodas, I don't eat chips or fries. I'm making a lot of sacrifices to try and get this disease under control, but it's just terrible. I hate facing my girlfriend when I look like this.

And don't recommend any BP stuff. It's too harsh for my skin and gives me a chemical burn.

post-105926-1245897405_thumb.jpg

This is my right side. My bad side, looks horrid.

post-105926-1245897520_thumb.jpg

My left side. Sorry for the blurriness, but it's clearly not as bad as my right.

For some reason my acne in the pictures look waaay worse than they do in the mirror...

Accutane?

If BP doesnt work thats what i would suggest.

Im on my second round of it. The first time i used it my face was flawless. I made a mistake which ended up bringing my acne back.

Being on the medicine for 6 months sounds like a long time but its well worth it after the fact!

Accutane?

Im on my second round of it. The first time i used it my face was flawless. I made a mistake which ended up bringing my acne back.

Being on the medicine for 6 months sounds like a long time but its well worth it after the fact!

Ehh. I don't want to go on Accutane. I don't want to take the chance of getting a permanent side effect from medicine to treat something that I very well may grow out of.

By the way I don't have any cysts. All of my big pimples are just a bunch of small ones in a specific spot.

Accutane?

Ehh. I don't want to go on Accutane. I don't want to take the chance of getting a permanent side effect from medicine to treat something that I very well may grow out of.

Totally understandable.

But from my experience ive personally never seen a problem from accutane.

Sure im only in college but ive seen kids go from there face being completely covered in pimples/whiteheads/cysts everything and then have perfect skin. Not once have i heard of a negative side effect besides a little redness. My face for example was perfect as i stated before.

You will grow out of it but im willing to bet it will take a lot longer then going on the medicine. You never know if some acne could leave scarring etc...

Are you for sure not willing to go on acutane? If so i may have another suggestion. What topicals have you used? Any?

Go and make an appointment with ur doctor. Theres antibiotic out there that can help u. It will take time but it will help. Minocycline or doxycyline helps to kill the acne bacteria. So is accutane. Usually accutane will be the last resort if those 2 anti biotics dun work for u. N do not pick those acne. Usually they will burst by itself. When that happened to me, only then i will squeeze the pus out gently. Let the scab dry n peel off by itself to prevent deep scaring. Good luck.

Accutane?

Totally understandable.

But from my experience ive personally never seen a problem from accutane.

Sure im only in college but ive seen kids go from there face being completely covered in pimples/whiteheads/cysts everything and then have perfect skin. Not once have i heard of a negative side effect besides a little redness. My face for example was perfect as i stated before.

You will grow out of it but im willing to bet it will take a lot longer then going on the medicine. You never know if some acne could leave scarring etc...

Are you for sure not willing to go on acutane? If so i may have another suggestion. What topicals have you used? Any?

The only stuff I've used to clear my face was some Clean & Clear cleanser with salicylic acid and a moisturizer, that was when I was 14 and my acne wasn't too bad. Then my acne started getting really bad so I went on ProActiv, which kept my acne under control pretty well. Then it started giving me chemical burns after I stopped using it for 3 days....

Now I'm just using some Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi, which I have no idea is helping or not.

I'd like to go to a dermatologist but at the moment my father is unemployed and we don't have health insurance, we're currently moving to a bigger city to find more jobs. So at the moment, my parents are unable to take me to a dermatologist.

When you start using BP there is an initial stage of redness and irritation. Are you sure its chemical burn and not that?

Start out with very little and slowly youll end up adding more.

Use too much at the beginning and youll run into some problems.

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

Look at this and read each step. ESPECIALLY THE FIRST.

When you start using BP there is an initial stage of redness and irritation. Are you sure its chemical burn and not that?

Start out with very little and slowly youll end up adding more.

Use too much at the beginning and youll run into some problems.

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

Look at this and read each step. ESPECIALLY THE FIRST.

Well.

My skin where I apply the ProActiv gets puffy, red, itchy, it burns, and it hurts, and after a while, it gets blistered.

And I really don't use much of it at all.

Hell, the first time I used it. The very first time I used it, I used just as much as I most recently did, and it burned, but it didn't itch, get puffy or red.

Maybe you are allergic. Try something.

If you still have the proactiv try applying a little on your arm or something.

Keep doing it once a day and wait maybe 3/4 days and see if that little area is red/itchy etc.

My step mom actually recommended that to me and it helped me.

Just an idea. Sounds stupid but it might just prove that you are allergic or if its just an initial usage problem.

I was never on the regimen but from many of the success stories on there if you could use that, it just might be your best bet.

Let me see what else i can think of!

Maybe you are allergic. Try something.

If you still have the proactiv try applying a little on your arm or something.

Keep doing it once a day and wait maybe 3/4 days and see if that little area is red/itchy etc.

My step mom actually recommended that to me and it helped me.

Just an idea. Sounds stupid but it might just prove that you are allergic or if its just an initial usage problem.

I was never on the regimen but from many of the success stories on there if you could use that, it just might be your best bet.

Let me see what else i can think of!

Hmm. Good idea. I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestions.

I work out daily(of course I wash my face after), I wash my face twice a day with some Tea Tree Oil, I don't consume sugary products like candy bars and sodas, I don't eat chips or fries. I'm making a lot of sacrifices to try and get this disease under control, but it's just terrible. I hate facing my girlfriend when I look like this.

And don't recommend any BP stuff. It's too harsh for my skin and gives me a chemical burn.

My left side. Sorry for the blurriness, but it's clearly not as bad as my right.

For some reason my acne in the pictures look waaay worse than they do in the mirror...

I hear alot of bad about TTO, its good that you are trying to eat healthy with less sugar though. Also, acne is not a disease, its a skin condition. By the way what are you currently using on your skin besides the teatree oil?

Man don't listen to the people that suggest Accutane. That's always the last resort and I am guessing you haven't tried much yet. Hmmm Im also very sensitive skin wise and all BP does for me is irritate the heck out of my face and makes my skin scab over. Anyway enough about BP from hell let's get to the point. If you are not ready to go to a dermo yet I truly recommend Acnomel, it's Sulfur based so it's way milder then BP...From my experience it's one of the best over the counter topicals that actually works and doesn't just make you think it's working by making your face overly red and burn to death. It's like 12 bucks at Walgreens so give it a try if all others have failed. Good luck :)

I hear alot of bad about TTO, its good that you are trying to eat healthy with less sugar though. Also, acne is not a disease, its a skin condition. By the way what are you currently using on your skin besides the teatree oil?

Well I'll sometimes moisturize with Aloe Vera because my face gets dry after washing it. That's it.

Oh and for my body acne I use some dandruff shampoo with some kind of Zinc. It helps a lot. I still have a ton of bacne scars but waaay less active spots on my back.

Oh and I should mention I get like 10-12 hours of sleep a day. I sleep a lot.

I hate not eating sugar... I love candy bars :C

Well I'll sometimes moisturize with Aloe Vera because my face gets dry after washing it. That's it.

Oh and for my body acne I use some dandruff shampoo with some kind of Zinc. It helps a lot. I still have a ton of bacne scars but waaay less active spots on my back.

what do you use to clean your face though, Teatree oil?? or just water? Oil is not a great way to clean the face, you need something that can grab dirt/oils to properly clean your face. With that acne id get a gentle cleanser and only clean one time a day because overcleaning can irritate the skin and cause problems. I don't like recommending cleansers but this L'bri deep pore cleanser + sponge im using is really fantastic with my skin with redness and of course my minor acne (contains aloe vera).

what do you use to clean your face though, Teatree oil?? or just water? Oil is not a great way to clean the face, you need something that can grab dirt/oils to properly clean your face. With that acne id get a gentle cleanser and only clean one time a day because overcleaning can irritate the skin and cause problems. I don't like recommending cleansers but this L'bri deep pore cleanser + sponge im using is really fantastic with my skin with redness and of course my minor acne (contains aloe vera).

Just the Tea Tree Oil stuff..

However if your cleanser helps with the redness, which is my biggest issue, I might give it a try.

Hey, if you want to try out a natural acne cure that's absolutely free, try urine therapy. It may be gross to you, but it's worth it. I've been doing it for a month now and my skin in clearer than it has been in years.

What you do is take a cotton ball, when you take a piss catch the urine on the cotton ball in midair and get it soaked. Then gently dab it on so it covers your whole face. Leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse off with cold water. If you feel some tingling and itching while the urine is on your face, it's good, that means it's working. Topical creams, oils, proactive, none of that junk worked for me, but this did. It doesn't cost anything and it doesn't have any side effects at all, so it's worth a try.

If Accutane isn't an option for you, I recommend going on the Acne.org Regimen. Many people have success with it, and BP and moisturizer are cheap compared to antibiotics and topicals with no insurance. I used this combo years back and it kept my skin clear when I first started breaking out.

Look up the word disease and you'll find that acne is indeed a disease.

dis·ease (d-zz)

n.

1. A pathological condition of a part, organ, or system of an organism resulting from various causes, such as infection, genetic defect, or environmental stress, and characterized by an identifiable group of signs or symptoms.

2. A condition or tendency, as of society, regarded as abnormal and harmful.

3. Obsolete Lack of ease; trouble.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/disease

Have you tried 2.5% BP? Or only those in drugstores? There are varying degrees of gentleness in BPs; application method and cleansing prior, and moisturizing afterwards also makes a huge difference in tolerating BP.

Have you been to a derm? I suggest that, too.

See last link in my signature for treating individual lesions. You can also run the ice cube gently over your whole face to reduce redness and swelling.

Just to throw in my two cents: Lay off the tea tree oil. I experimented with it before I got on the Regimen and it was horrible. I've still got red marks from the breakout that it caused.