Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I notice when I drink more water, my skin is less oily.

I also use essential oils as skin toners, and they work wonderfully (lemon and grapefruit seem to work the best for me, but lavender, orange and peppermint help a lot as well)

Exercise will suffice. Nothing nutrition wise will assist.

Exercise will help because it has a huge impact on glucose metabolism. But there's all kinds of things nutrition-wise that absolutely does assist.

Zinc or other DHT inhibitors and keeping stable blood sugar are the basics. And it worked for me. My formerly grotesquely oily skin became just a tad on the oily side which is desirable at my age. Before I started diet changes, supplementing zinc along with B-complex and C made my skin a lot less oily.

Exercise will help because it has a huge impact on glucose metabolism. But there's all kinds of things nutrition-wise that absolutely does assist.

Zinc or other DHT inhibitors and keeping stable blood sugar are the basics. And it worked for me. My formerly grotesquely oily skin became just a tad on the oily side which is desirable at my age. Before I started diet changes, supplementing zinc along with B-complex and C made my skin a lot less oily.

Glucose metabolism? I have endured three water fasts, each abiding at least two weeks and saw no diminishment.

Might I offer a cure for those willing. There are two natural ways(I can conjure) in which one can contest this ailment. I shall provide the simpler of the two(other mentioned prior). Only detirement being the frequent diuresis. This recent enlightenment was never addressed beforehand sheerly of predicaments that followed regarding quantity & interval.

Consume two 8ounce glasses of water upon awaking/before bedtime. Throughout the day, supplement your body with one 8ounce ensuing every elimination. Urine should be effort clear to light yellow. Pursue this dearly and one shall see progress upon 1-2days. =]

thanks for the tip!

are you using a translator?

My skin is oily around my cheeks and under my eyes. Does anyone know how to reduce oily skin with nutrition?

Heyy....have you tried vitamin B5?I've had great results as far as reducing/removing oiliness on the face goes.I am still on it,and can vouch for its effectiveness.

Start with maybe 2-3 caps a day and see the results.You should be able to see the difference in a couple of days,really.

Good luck!

ciao

~kc

Glucose metabolism? I have endured three water fasts, each abiding at least two weeks and saw no diminishment.

I don't see the connection. We aren't talking about temporary quick fixes, but day in, day out bodily function. How does 2 week fast 'fix' glucose metabolism? What do you do after the fast?

I've used this stuff (in the Spring Water scent) for a good while and it's worked okay for me, though I haven't cleared up entirely. today while doing research online, though, I found that it has two ingredients that are supposed to be bad for acne-prone skin (comedogenic, see specifically sodium laureth sulfate and sodium chloride. It really does seem to have been helpful for me body acne, though, so I feel confused, especially after coming across this discussion! Any thoughts?

Hi, I personally use SafeGuard which contains the active ingredient Triclocarban 1.2%(very cheap from CVS Pharmacy) and I can say that my back cysts are just drying up like silly. But it's only been 3 days!!! ;) Dial also contains this active ingredient although I am not quite sure of the percentage it holds. I wish I had only found this years ago. Good Luck to you. =]

I think there are possibilities there for some people, but for me the diuretic effect disappeared after I adjusted to the medicine. I've been on it almost 10 months and I retain water as much as ever now.

Interesting. I was not aware one can become accustomed to a diuretic. Can you elaborate your statement... "I retain water as much as ever now."?

I was out shopping for a mild over-the-counter diuretic. When asked, the Pharmacist was hesitant on the availability of such a potent or even a mild form OVC. He consulted me on the potential use of diurex(Pamabrom 50mg) as a very mild diuretic(the gentle diuretic is its slogan) and possibly console my queries. I was dissatisfied, but nonetheless, purchased it. :)

My shipment of Spironolactone(100mg) arrived today but I am not too keen on consuming an antiandrogenic drug, even on such a low dosage(25mg). But I shall weigh the possible outcomes.

Thanks for the response. =]

Strive products containing Triclocarban as an Active Ingredient. Cysts should dimish in a few days. Do remember to keep one updated.

Triclocarban (TCC), or 3,4,4'-trichlorocarbanilide, is a substance with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that is used in disinfectants, soaps and other household products.

The mechanism of action is unknown, but may involve inhibition of the enzyme enoyl-acyl carrier protein reductase (ENR).[citation needed] This enzyme is absent in humans but is essential in building cell membranes of many bacteria and fungi.

Researchers at UC Davis have reported that Triclocarban can act as an endocrine disruptor. While TCC shows little or no endocrine activity by itself, it was found to enhance the biological activity of the endogenous hormone testosterone by in vitro cell-based bioassay as well as in vivo in a male rat model. Testosterone normally mediates transcriptional activity in sexual reproductive organs, but TCC appears to significantly amplify this activity. Ten day oral exposure to TCC caused a substantial increase in the weight of accessory sexual such as the prostate.[1] This raises some concerns due to the 45 years it has been used in personal care products and the current surge in popularity of its use in anti-bacterial products. The authors commented in a UC Davis press release:[2]

Triclosan and triclocarban are antibacterial chemicals used in many consumer products, from dish soap to toothpaste, although the benefits of adding these compounds to consumer products is unclear. Triclosan kills bacteria by inhibiting fatty acid biosynthesis and remodeling, and it may contribute to antimicrobial resistance. Much less is known about triclocarban, but it is generally assumed to disrupt bacterial cell membrane integrity.

Both triclosan and triclocarban are found in streams across the country. Also, they are present in sewage sludge that is applied to farmland and according to a recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) study, triclosan was detected in the urine of nearly 75% of 2,517 people tested, indicating broad exposure. Due to their toxicological profiles, and persistence in the environment, these chemicals pose a potential risk to human health and the environment.

Hormone Disruption

Hormone disruption in fish has been documented in rivers and water bodies throughout the U.S., primarily in waters impacted by sewage treatment plant discharges, although cause and effect linkage with these chemicals in the field remain unclear. In laboratory studies, triclosan acts like weak estrogen in organisms while triclocarban has been shown to augment the activity of testosterone. Fish exposure studies first identified concerns regarding triclosan's endocrine disrupting potential. After exposures ranging from 1 – 100 parts per billion, the medaka fry (Oryzias latipes), a species of fish commonly used for toxicity testing, exhibited changes in fin length and sex ratio[8]. Triclosan was found to be highly toxic in early life stages of the medaka, reducing hatching success and delaying hatching time[9]. Also, in this study, triclosan induced vitellogenin production in male fish (vitellogenin is a component of the yolk sac in eggs normally only produced by the females). Similar concerns were found in South African clawed frogs (Xenopus laevis), a common test species, as male frogs injected with triclosan-synthesized vitellogenin and had reduced testosterone levels[10]. A separate study using bullfrogs demonstrated triclosan's ability to bind to the thyroid hormone receptor and in rodents, triclosan administered for 31 days beginning shortly after weaning reduces thyroxin levels in male pubertal rats[11]

Both triclosan and triclocarban can bioaccumulate[12] and are extremely toxic to microalgae, important constituents of aquatic ecosystem food webs[13]. The release of triclosan and triclocarban into the environment is of concern, not only for its potential impact on the environment, but for its significant potential to act in combination with other hormone disrupting chemicals.

indeed, you are "Tampering with Nature... manipulating it for my insatiable pleasures."

lol, no I do not think triclocarban is a prescription, or as effective as some - that's what you've been saying. Is it a drug? yes.

What I am saying is your 'cure' is heavily mediated with triclocarban usage. Your signature and posts in this thread

glucose metabolism? I have endured three water fasts, each abiding at least two weeks and saw no diminishment.

Might I offer a cure for those willing. There are two natural ways(I can conjure) in which one can contest this ailment. I shall provide the simpler of the two(other mentioned prior). Only detirement being the frequent diuresis. This recent enlightenment was never addressed beforehand sheerly of predicaments that followed regarding quantity & interval.

Consume two 8ounce glasses of water upon awaking/before bedtime. Throughout the day, supplement your body with one 8ounce ensuing every elimination. Urine should be effort clear to light yellow. Pursue this dearly and one shall see progress upon 1-2days.

-imply that you are using a natural means to clear your acne, and you are not. Your use of english language, while pretty, does nothing to convince me of your knowledge in this subject.

I see no where that you are against triclocarban usage, link me.

Dial is triclosan btw, not triclocarban.

Please show comprehensible evidence for each of your assessments.

"What I am saying is your 'cure' is heavily mediated with triclocarban usage. Your signature and posts in this thread"

That is wonderful news SmirfyTyme! I have moved to showering with Triclocarban once weekly. sideways.gif

So are you asserting... oh never mind.

"...does nothing to convince me of your knowledge in this subject."

I am fairly certain of my findings and if one can discover/unveil conflicting quantitative scientific analytics, please do materialize.

I was never "against Triclocarban usage", but opposed to its prolonged usance.

It was my understanding that Dial still employs Triclocarban as an active ingredient. As for my substantiation... http://www.dialsoap.com/bs-mountainfresh.html

I do sincerely aspire for a settlement. It is a bountiful evening after all. =]

ahh, my bad. I wrongly assumed you meant dial liquid.

What findings are you proclaiming? Drinking 16 oz of water in the morning and evening, and drinking 8 oz after using the bathroom will eliminate oily skin? Or that you have explored all avenues of nutrition (exempting water as a form of nutrition) and found that nothing can help oily skin?

And you have followed all these programs without the aid of triclocarban, of course.

I have made no assesments other than:

1. you are using triclocarban in addition to any methods stated here

and

2. triclocarban is harmful to the environment, and your body. Rather duplicitous in context to your signature and posts in this thread.

as to my partially quoted statement: "Your use of english language, while pretty, does nothing to convince me of your knowledge in this subject."

I mean you sound like you've been running every $5 word through an online thesaurus looking for a $20 word. The resulting mess is unreadable, barely comprehensible, and extremely off-putting.

as to my partially quoted statement: "Your use of english language, while pretty, does nothing to convince me of your knowledge in this subject."

I mean, you sound like you've been running every $5 word through an online thesaurus looking for a $20 word. The resulting mess is unreadable, barely comprehensible, and extremely off-putting.

Thank you.

hey all, so I lowered my carb intake and my face is back to normal.

Good.

Wow.

Yeah.

I mean, you sound like you've been running every $5 word through an online thesaurus looking for a $20 word. The resulting mess is unreadable, barely comprehensible, and extremely off-putting.

Thank you.

Actually, I think she's using a bullshit generator.