Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KentuckeeGirl

Accutane for the second time?

Hello all!

OK, I took a 5 month course of accutane that I completed about 2 years & 4 months ago, when I was 25 (I am not 27).....I wouldn't say that my acne was "severe" as much as it was persistent. That is not to say that it was bad tho -- just more localized to my chin and cheeks area. Before going to accutane, I had tried almost everything!! Topical ointments (OTC & Prescribed), several antibiotics, Pro Active, etc..

I have been pretty much clear since my course ended until the last 6-8 months or so...now I have sveral tiny pimples ALL THE TIME, and as soon as I get 1 or 2 "regular" sized pimples, several more pop up around them....and they do not go away. I realize this may be vanity to SOME extent but I still use Pro Active, I exfoliate 2-3 times a week, use all oil-free EVERYTHING, use Bare Minerals make-up, wash my make up brushes regularly, wash my pillow cases regularly, take all my vitimans, etc. (you get the picture). And it just keeps getting worse and more persistent.

I REALLY want to do another course of accutane to knock this out! I scar easily too, so every darn pimple I get will leave a mark - whether I touch it or not...and I never pick them =*(

It's just very frustrating after I already do everything I am supposed to do....and I do not want to take antibiotics for the rest of my life PLUS I am allergic to several as it is and don't want to build an immunity to any.

Any thoughts? Anyone?