Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i've been using this product for almost a week now only in the night time after applying BP. When I started I had like 4 dark spots from very recent hormonal zits :ninja: I left them alone to heal by themselves and they left those hyperpigmentation marks. they will fade it just takes forever. I've been applying the AHA+ on them and all over as a moisturizer at night although I dab a bit more on the spots...and I can really see them fading. Before, even after I put on my pressed powder, the spots are still somewhat noticeable. But now after I put the powder on, they totally disappear unless you look SUPER closely and stare at me to look for them :P ....so I do look flawless at first glance (ha ha) :D I don't even need tinted moisturizer anymore for extra coverage during the daytime prior to applying the pressed powder.

I also see my melasma (dark patches on the side of my skin side effect from birth control pills), fading ever so slowly. Slowly, but I still see a difference!!!

Overall my skin tone is better too. My face looks brighter and not blotchy. I used to be red in some patches and then ok in others which tends to happen when my allergies are acting up. While I accept that I will never be Neutrogena girl-flawless (i have tiny old acne scar/indentations from when I was picking at my breakouts before i knew better), having the best skin I can ever have is enough and at least even if i dont apply any pressed powder, i still look pretty smooth and even. This gives me hope that I will never be a slave to any coverups like tinted moisturizer.

And the added bonus for me is that the AHA really works on stopping the impending breakouts on its tracks, when applied on top of BP overnight. I would have had 2-3 new zits by now that have shrunk significantly before they had a chance to erupt.

Anyone else had success with AHA?

Oh this gives me hope! Did you use the AHA+ on the hormonal acne while it was still active or only after it died down to get rid of the dark marks. I'm having some problems with hormonal acne right now and it's killing my mood!

I started on the AHA+ after I was left with several weeks-old hyperpigmentation marks that day after day, stayed the same. I also have another one that is about two months old kinda in the middle of my cheek. These are all on the right side of my face. So these breakouts were healed, but the marks were just as annoying because they stood out.

But like I mentioned this week I would have gotten two pimples in my chin (as I usually do get them the week before or the week of that time of the month. Sorry boys TMI)......but the AHA+ stopped them in their tracks overnight. They were in the "lump" stage and I put BP and AHA+ on them before I went to bed. The next day they have flattened significantly, not to mention the dull pain was gone (pain present when they are first developing and you try to press down on them).

:dance:

Hope this helps!

I also did watch all the videos relating to AHA+ on Dan's blog to make sure I learned what to expect and how and when to apply them correctly.

Since AHA+ makes your skin more sun sensitive, I only apply it at night. Although I think many people apply it twice a day prior to applying moisturizer/SPF.

I have started using AHA, not Dan's though, but I have also had great results with it. My first AHA was a Paula Begoune product, which I didn't like much. However, I've managed to find an AHA brand at my local convenient store which is doing wonders for me. Love it, probably the best discovery for my skin.

Once I manage to make some money, I really want to try Dan's AHA.

Dan's BP and AHA+ definitely bring my spots to heads within a day (pimple develops overnight; by the next night it's ready to pop). My skin is sensitive but it never scars, so I pop them carefully. Within two days the red mark is barely visible under make-up and by a week it's gone. :D

Thanks for sharing you guys.

I got this red mark left on the side of my nose, which seems really stubborn. Usually the red marks die down in my case within a week, but its been there for more than a fortnight now.

I guess its expected, because I read somewhere that usuage of BP slows down the skin-healing process.

I was looking forward to ordering Dan's AHA+....now I guess I will after reading your feedback. :think:

Keeping my fingers crossed!

I am a figure skater and I noticed that two years ago I started getting rough, dark patches on the left side of my foot below the ankle. I thought this was a combination of my skates being too tight (even though the right foot didn't get it), skating outdoors in the freezing weather, etc. Anyway I didn't mind it much during the winter but it was embarrassing in the summer when I had to venture out in flip flops and stuff because it made my foot look dirty :P but I didn't know what to do to get rid of it. I tried scrubbing it with a loofah, a pumice stone, st. ives apricot scrub but the skin wouldn't budge. It's not itchy even though I had a doctor suggest I put hydrocortisone cream on it which of course didn't work. My dermatologist even suggested doing a biopsy (i know, wtf?) on it even though I just knew it was from skating because it didn't appear until I started doing outdoor skating a few times a week. And when I take off my skates my feet would look so dry but I was never diligent about applying foot cream on them to moisturize, or do a foot soak to rejuvenate them. (and I was outdoor skating in below 20 degree temperatures, in addition to the indoor ice rinks where I take my lessons)

Anyway so I did an experiment and started applying Dan's AHA+ on it to see if it will exfoliate the dead skin cells on it just as it did on my face/hyperpigmentation scars. It took longer to see results than with my face, but even my hubby said that the affected area in my foot definitely looks lighter and at first glance you don't even notice it....whereas before it was just, uh like almost BLACK. I just wash my feet every night with soap and water, dry and then I apply the AHA on the affected area. I don't apply it in the morning.

The area has gotten smoother too.

Thanks Dan!

Does anyone else get this really bad taste/smell at the back of thier throat when using this product? I get it nowhere near my mouth or nose. I think it's the smell and it has this reaction in the back of my throat.