Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everybody,

I'm a 21 years old guy and since 5 years I have been struggling with facial acne. Also I have some acne on my shoulders, back and on the upper halfs of my arms. The first two years, I didn't care too much about my acne. However I was aware of it during those years because I remember I preferred eating at my home during lunch instead of eating with all the people of my class. But at that time, I tought it was something that would pass by. That tought strenghtened me and helped me keeping my head up. But the acne persisted. I have now finished my thirth year at university and basicly nothing has changed. If I see pictures of me from 5 years ago, I have to admit that it was a lot worse then than that it is now. But I have the feeling that the feeling in my face is worse than 5 years ago. Maybe it's just because I'm more focused on it than 5 years ago, but the acne itches so fucking hard. I do everything to make it better. I live like the healthiest life (I drink a lot of water, eat a lot of fruit, no junk food, no alcohol, a lot of sport, no soda's). Of course I went to a dermatologist. She prescribed antibiotics (tetralysal). In those 5 years I have taken a lot of those, always with a break in the summer (I take Zincotabs in summer) because Tetralysal makes you too sensitive for the sun. Also I have 2 ointments (don't know if that's the right word?) that I put on every evening (alternating). A lot of people tell me that my acne is not bad, and in a way I can understand their reaction, because my acne isn't awful. But they don't know how it feels. What bothers me the most, is the feeling. The feeling of waking up every day without knowing how your face and body will look this time. The itchy feeling. I have wide pores filled with tallow... When I squeeze them, tallow comes out. Anybody else who has that. Especially my nose has a lot wide tallows (basicly every pore). And when it itches and I scratch, it rapidly starts flaking. Anyone else with that problem? It really kills me. In nature I'm an optimistic boy who loves humour, who loves having good times with friends, who loves to be outside in nature, loves to hear good music and party, but my acne basicly fucked up my life. I withdraw from social activities, isolate myself, waiting and wishing for the acne to dissapear. I love to go out once and a while, but because of my acne I just don't get to it. I know it's not the right reaction and I have already tried 2 psychologists but that didn't work out. I just have the feeling that talking about it is not the solution for me. The only solution for me is that the acne (or at least the itching) disappears and that I can start living. I really admire all the people on this forum who suffer from severe acne and manage to stay optimistic and maintain their sense of humour. I wish I was like that. Actually, in the beginning I was hopeful. But these 5 years of acne just knocked me down. It makes me really sad to see all the years that I wasted. This should be the best time of my life, damn it. You know, before I had acne I wouldn't have believed that acne can make you suicidal, but now I do. I lost my sense of life, but I know I won't commit suicide because it's not a solution and I also have responsabilities towards the people who care about me. Another major thing that is really killing me is that I have become very sensitive to the sun. I used to be a boy who loved being in the sun, who tanned very quickly. Now it just doesn't feel right to be in the sun even though I always put sun creme om (with a very high factor). Is there anyone else who has this problem with the sun? And will it ever go away? It is really hard to see everybody enjoy the nice weather while you have to stay inside because the sun kills you. Also my skin is very dry after showering (I shower with cold water and i use a moistorizer) and i sometimes have dry lips. Will this ever stop? Even my hands and arms are uncomfortable. Is it possible that this is from my acne? It is a side effect from Tetralysal but even when I stop with the antibiotics (the ointments I put the whole year but I don't think they can cause the dry out) my skin dries out. Also I'm a little bit worried by the fact that I'm already 21 and the acne seems to stay... If it's hormonal, it wouldn't stay that long?

I can only say: hail to all the people who have to fight acne. I hope this hell ever stops.

& sorry for my poor English...

Hello everybody,

I'm a 21 years old guy and since 5 years I have been struggling with facial acne. Also I have some acne on my shoulders, back and on the upper halfs of my arms. The first two years, I didn't care too much about my acne. However I was aware of it during those years because I remember I preferred eating at my home during lunch instead of eating with all the people of my class. But at that time, I tought it was something that would pass by. That tought strenghtened me and helped me keeping my head up. But the acne persisted. I have now finished my thirth year at university and basicly nothing has changed. If I see pictures of me from 5 years ago, I have to admit that it was a lot worse then than that it is now. But I have the feeling that the feeling in my face is worse than 5 years ago. Maybe it's just because I'm more focused on it than 5 years ago, but the acne itches so fucking hard. I do everything to make it better. I live like the healthiest life (I drink a lot of water, eat a lot of fruit, no junk food, no alcohol, a lot of sport, no soda's). Of course I went to a dermatologist. She prescribed antibiotics (tetralysal). In those 5 years I have taken a lot of those, always with a break in the summer (I take Zincotabs in summer) because Tetralysal makes you too sensitive for the sun. Also I have 2 ointments (don't know if that's the right word?) that I put on every evening (alternating). A lot of people tell me that my acne is not bad, and in a way I can understand their reaction, because my acne isn't awful. But they don't know how it feels. What bothers me the most, is the feeling. The feeling of waking up every day without knowing how your face and body will look this time. The itchy feeling. I have wide pores filled with tallow... When I squeeze them, tallow comes out. Anybody else who has that. Especially my nose has a lot wide tallows (basicly every pore). And when it itches and I scratch, it rapidly starts flaking. Anyone else with that problem? It really kills me. In nature I'm an optimistic boy who loves humour, who loves having good times with friends, who loves to be outside in nature, loves to hear good music and party, but my acne basicly fucked up my life. I withdraw from social activities, isolate myself, waiting and wishing for the acne to dissapear. I love to go out once and a while, but because of my acne I just don't get to it. I know it's not the right reaction and I have already tried 2 psychologists but that didn't work out. I just have the feeling that talking about it is not the solution for me. The only solution for me is that the acne (or at least the itching) disappears and that I can start living. I really admire all the people on this forum who suffer from severe acne and manage to stay optimistic and maintain their sense of humour. I wish I was like that. Actually, in the beginning I was hopeful. But these 5 years of acne just knocked me down. It makes me really sad to see all the years that I wasted. This should be the best time of my life, damn it. You know, before I had acne I wouldn't have believed that acne can make you suicidal, but now I do. I lost my sense of life, but I know I won't commit suicide because it's not a solution and I also have responsabilities towards the people who care about me. Another major thing that is really killing me is that I have become very sensitive to the sun. I used to be a boy who loved being in the sun, who tanned very quickly. Now it just doesn't feel right to be in the sun even though I always put sun creme om (with a very high factor). Is there anyone else who has this problem with the sun? And will it ever go away? It is really hard to see everybody enjoy the nice weather while you have to stay inside because the sun kills you. Also my skin is very dry after showering (I shower with cold water and i use a moistorizer) and i sometimes have dry lips. Will this ever stop? Even my hands and arms are uncomfortable. Is it possible that this is from my acne? It is a side effect from Tetralysal but even when I stop with the antibiotics (the ointments I put the whole year but I don't think they can cause the dry out) my skin dries out. Also I'm a little bit worried by the fact that I'm already 21 and the acne seems to stay... If it's hormonal, it wouldn't stay that long?

I can only say: hail to all the people who have to fight acne. I hope this hell ever stops.

& sorry for my poor English...

Your not the only one with a hard problem with Acne! I had it really bad as well and I use to contemplate suicide. No one would ever think that cause people still thought I was really pretty but I would wear a little more make-up.

I finally found an instant acne cure that has changed my entire life and I don't even wear any makeup at all except my eye liner

I'm really glad for you. Enjoy every minute of your life!

It's kinda sad to see what acne has done to me and what it's still doing every day. The hardest part is that I even can't forget I have it, because of the uncomfortable feeling in my face I'm always aware of it.

Hey chill guys!

Dont get so frustrated. How many doctors/dermatologists have u seen before? What they said/prescribed?