Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strato

Could being around smoking people cause my acne?

There are so any factors that could be causing my acne, I just have to go through them one by one.

I've noticed when my girlfriend was away for a week (she smokes), I didn't have any acne at all, and when she came back I had a terrible break out. It's not related to sex because I had another non-smoking girlfriend while the other one was away living with me.

Could smoke be the reason?

maybe your acne decreased because you didnt have any stress of your girlfriend whining all the time :rolleyes:

Could be, but I don't usually pay attention to her whining, so it doesn't stress me out either. I've heard of allergies related to smoking, but I don't know if it could cause acne.

well, smoke is full of irritants and if she is smoking around you, then your pores are taking all those irritants in. It's just like having a reaction to chemicals in a face product.

maybe..who knows..my friend smokes all tha damn time and we chill alot..no break outs for me.

but every1 is different. thats a good question