Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emg13

I want to hug my dermatologist!

DAY 13:

The flat red bumps that are on the left side of my face (always the worst side) had a few heads this morning, so I gently popped them. Another thing that I have noticed on the Differin is that whiteheads are really READY to be popped because I only have to squeeze gently for them to release. Otherwise, the two that were active on my right cheek are not active anymore. Overall, my skin seems more red today, but it appears that everything is healing okay. I went out last night and drank/ate entirely too much, so maybe that can account for some of the redness? Anyway, I'm feeling optimistic. :)

I don't know. There is one deep red spot on my left cheek that feels like it could be a doozy, and there is also one on my right jawline. I'm afraid that I spoke too soon and might be getting an initial breakout, even though my face is sooooooo much smoother than it was before. Sigh.

DAY 15:

The bumps that are underneath are finally starting to get smaller, and there are no active pimples. I added a new product to my evening regimen yesterday: Kiss My Face Peaches and Cream Moisturizer, with 4% AHA. It burned when I put it on, but my skin is definitely calmer this morning. Things seem to be drying up and healing rather quickly. Here's hoping for even clearer skin for my vacation at the beach, starting this Tuesday!

post-63351-1246117412_thumb.jpg

post-63351-1246117412_thumb.jpg

I'm obsessing over this website.

Have I already experienced my initial breakout, I wonder? I wish I could know. If so, it was not SUPER bad. If not, I'm afraid of what's to come...

Thanks for the reply. I hate being relatively out of control of the situation, but I know I have to be patient.

DAY 21:

In terms of my skin, my vacation was a disaster. For the first time ever, I didn't even want to be involved in any family pictures, and I didn't even want anyone to look at me. It got a little worse after that last picture that I uploaded to here, and it has basically stayed that way, even though the sun on the beach seemed to dry it out a little. I also, however, got a bit of sunburn, even though I tried to be REALLY careful. Sigh. I cried silently in the back of the car on the way home this morning because I am so sick of this. Also, I think I'm quitting YAZ. My period came three days late, and my cramps are horrible, and my skin is still horrible, so after giving it 4 months of a chance, it's not even worth it anymore. I'm so frustrated that I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there.

Please begin a new log with your dermatologist prescribed regimen. This site cannot allow logs that mention self-prescribed regimens as self-prescription violates one of our most stringently enforced board rules.

Here are the board rules: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/boardrules.html

Please read the following post on how topical retinoids work and why patience and perseverance is required when using topical retinoids: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Info-reti...ial-t98395.html

I have split off three of your posts in this thread to a new log I created for you that will meet the board rules better. The link to your new log:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Retin-A-T...og-t243524.html