Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone!

I saw my baby sister today. Well she's 10 years old. Anyway I hardly see her. Sometimes she’s ask me if my face hurts or she'll ask how I got those red spots on my face or she'll look at me for a while and I can tell she's searching for words. Before I left to go home, she came to me to give me a hug and said "Stephanie you’re still beautiful even with those red bumps on your face." I didn't know what to say other than thank you. That really caught me by surprise. I got a bit emotional after leaving. I have to wonder what she's really thinking. But she has a HUGE heart & I love her so much!!!!

i wish my sister was like that......she always calls me names and says im ugly and my brother always puts me down because of my acne and my dad as well.....HOW ASHAME !!!

i wish my sister was like that......she always calls me names and says im ugly and my brother always puts me down because of my acne and my dad as well.....HOW ASHAME !!!

You are BEAUTIFUL. I can tell you not to listen to them but it's not that easy, i know.. ): I'm sure your brother & sister dont know any better bc they're imature, but really shame on your dad! Im so sorry. He's really not setting a good example for your siblings! Learn from this & set a good example for your daughter. Just know your beautiful. Keep your head up.

xoxo Steph

Yeah - I think the babies look up to older siblings : )

I remember my mom was taking my sister and I somewhere, and I was having a major breakout. and I was preggo, so I couldn't do anything major about it (I thought). So I was wearing makeup (powder form), and my mom asked why I wear it. She thought it made my face look ashy. So I said because I'm breaking out and I want to cover it (duh, right?). All of a sudden we are in this conversation about my acne, and it always gets on my nerves when people think I want to talk about it, so I just said "I just ugly now." And my sister said "You're not ugly! You're just a little pimply." It made me think, how could I put my own self down like that?

That helped a lot.

Yeah - I think the babies look up to older siblings : )

I remember my mom was taking my sister and I somewhere, and I was having a major breakout. and I was preggo, so I couldn't do anything major about it (I thought). So I was wearing makeup (powder form), and my mom asked why I wear it. She thought it made my face look ashy. So I said because I'm breaking out and I want to cover it (duh, right?). All of a sudden we are in this conversation about my acne, and it always gets on my nerves when people think I want to talk about it, so I just said "I just ugly now." And my sister said "You're not ugly! You're just a little pimply." It made me think, how could I put my own self down like that?

That helped a lot.

I hear ya!

I've put my self down numerous times. I too hate how people start having a convo about my break outs. I stress out about it enough. I don't need to be in the spotlight!

Isn't funny how kids put things? Kids speak the truth tho. That was nice of your sister to cheer you up when you where obviously down.

I just started Accutane. I really HOPE this is the solution to my breakouts.

xo-Steph