Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alliysone

I'm Suffering From Back Acne.

I was just crying my eyes out because this is so frusterating. My mom cant really afford to buy all the things for the regimen on this site. So I was wondering.. are there any ways for me to clear my back up for cheap? Its summer and I'm too self concious about my back acne to wear anything that reveals my back. For a week or so I went with tanktops that didnt touch my back and my hair up in a bun. (home all week) And my back acne cleared up. There wasnt one pimple. But just recently I went to get my hair cut and i wore a regular shirt (yes, it was tight and i know thats the reason why) that covered my back acne. When i got home I was stupid and i didnt take the shirt off and wash my back. I kept it on all night. And before i knew it i had at least 20 pimples all over my back. I'm thirteen and I havent even started my period yet. I dont exactly know what to do. Right now i've been wearing tank tops that dont cover my back acne and wearing my hair up in a bun, and tanning. But i only tanned yesterday and today. I got my hair cut 3 days ago. I want to be able to hang out with my friends and not come home to a back covered in acne bc I was wearing a tight shirt. Please help? ( please excuse the bra strap in this picture. )

post-100355-1245816165_thumb.png

post-100355-1245816165_thumb.png

Hi, dear! First of all don't worry about your skin. It looks really soft and just a little bit irritated. I don't think anyone will notice it. Though you should take some measures.

There are a lot of people here on the boards who report good results from topical but personally I think topical creams and antibiotics are too harsh. I'm 17 and have acne since 12-13, have tried almost every topical available here but I would say they did nothing for my skin, except for irritating my skin. Since you have sensitive skin I think it's better to avoid harsh unnatural topicals. The are a few exceptions though. You can check out the natural treatments which I think a way better: http://www.acne.org/household-natural-reme...ge1.html#browse

Something other to consider is to check if you have folliculitis. There are some good topics here about this thing. See this one. I've noticed that a lot girls and women benefit from Head and shoulders shampoo.

You are very young but maybe you can consider to change your teen diet slightly to a better health levels. Look at the nutrition & health forum here for some useful information.

Good look! And keep us updated. I'm in the same boat as you, except I for the fact mine is much worse.

Yes, especially if it cleared up so quickly when your back got more air and your hair was off of it, you may well have folliculitis. It's also less likely to be hormonally connected than acne, which might be why it's shown up before your period has :)

The good thing about that is, most of the time, pf clears up pretty quickly with either Head and Shoulders, or a bar of soap with the same active ingredient called ZNP. You can find it online, and either of them is cheap. I actually use the Target version of H&S Classic Clean and it cost less than $2. It's worth a try, anyway, I would think.

Hey guys(: Okay, so, Head & Shoulders? Isnt that dandruff shampoo? I dont have dandruff by the way but it works for acne? Hmm.. told my mother. She snapped at me and told me that was rediculous. The good thing is, my brother uses it. So I can always sneak it. =D Other than that thank you so much for the advice. I cant take a picture of my back today, but.. I will tomarrow night. I'll use the Head & Shoulders shampoo. Ahh, I'm so nervous. I'm supposed to go swimming next week with my best friend. I hope it clears up by then. Currently I havent tried any of those home remedies cause I'm not sure which to use and how to use it. Could someone help with that? Again, thanks so much.

Nevermind. I have a picture from just now. My camera charged soon enough

Blahh please excuse the hair hanging down and the rednesss from me scratching,

post-100355-1245910488_thumb.png

I just want this to end. )':

post-100355-1245910488_thumb.png

PF has nothing to do with acne, so basically you are not going to use H&S against acne but PF. I wouldn't be so optimist for this shampoo like PikaCane, since it didn't work for my skin.. but, yes. It's a good try. And like I said in the previous post, you don't have any reasons to worry :) So go and take that swim next week :)

Yankulov, the reason I'm thinking it might work well here is that alliysone's back seemed to clear up very quickly when she was able to keep the moisture and oil from her hair/clothing off of it. Usually, not always, but usually, acne per se is something that takes several weeks to clear up, so quick clearing makes me think that this is PF. Does that make any sense? Plus, drying up acne doesn't usually help, and it sounds like it itches? I'm not entirely basing this on my own experience :)

alliysone, there are a couple of long threads about this on this board. One is something like "How I cleared my back using only Head and Shoulders" and the other (I think this one is stickied) is "Pityrosporum Folliculitis." That's where I'm getting some of my information from, and where I found links to a couple of the pictures that helped me figure things out. You're right that H&S is a dandruff shampoo; it works by fighting the fungus that causes both dandruff and some types of PF. If that is what you have, there is a chance it will clear up quite quickly. Remember, though, it always looks worse to you than to everyone else, and they're worrying about what they look like too-if it's not a breakout, it's their weight, or hair, or something. I know your back looks terrible to you, and the pics may not be showing it as bad as it really is, but if you pretend like it's not there and doesn't bother you, most likely no one will really notice it. Mine was so bad I didn't even want to take a picture, which I should have so I could check progress. It was a lot worse than yours from the pic. It's about 90% better now though.

Yes, its itchy. It did heal fast, didnt it. Well.. do you have an idea how I can prevent the breakout from tight clothing? Any way to prevent that? Cause all my clothes are tight fitted and I'd have to buy a completely new wardrobe. Haha I was thinking about antipersperants. Like, deoderant? Because doesnt sweat get into the pores because its trapped by the shirt? But then again i was thinking that the antipersperant might clog the pores. I dont know. I'm willing to try anything.

okay heres my back today. i think you're onto something though, because i was pulling up the whisps that hang down on my neck. and right where those hang down.. theres more acne popping up. so yeppp. i'm gonna try head&shoulder. because i forgot to try it today. too bad it doesnt smell good like the usual hair stuff i use. i can get over that though(:

post-100355-1245995116_thumb.png

post-100355-1245995116_thumb.png

Alright so, tried the head and shoulders.. and let my hair down for the past two days. Uhh looks like my back healed a lot of the pimples but, as you can see there's new ones. So I guess Head & Shoulders didnt help? I dont know. But now I'm supposed to hang out with my friend tomarrow and I dunno I really wanna get rid of these things fast? So any advice there? Like as in to get rid of redness.. maybe the swelling to go down. How to get rid of scabs fast. I guess you could say I heal fast so that might help. Well, here a picture of my back from just now. For some reason it wouldnt let me have a bigger picture than that. But you can see everything you need to see.

post-100355-1246215572_thumb.png

post-100355-1246215572_thumb.png

hi, i'm a thirteen year old girl, and im suffering from back acne too. =( i have it worse than you but its really nice to know there are girls my age that have it. you're lucky head and shoulders works for you. ive tried every store bought product for about a year now. my mom finally took me to a derm and im on accuntane, going on week 2 now. i dunno why im telling you this, but a couple of minutes ago i was crying cause i'm suffering from mild depression. i also wanna say that its cool a pretty girl like you has this kinda stuff. not to be rude though <;L i always thought pretty girls like you didnt have any worries.. sorry if i offended you, its hard to put it nicely...

Oh! I completely understand. And i'm not offended. (: thanks. i take it as a compliment. Me too.. I'm in a depression. And I have really bad anxiety and depression. So.. you're not alone. Hows accutane for you? I heard it has nasty side effects ): i hope everything turns out good for you. I'm acctually really anxious right now. JUST because I'm going to my best friends house tomarrow. I'm about to have an anxiety attack.. ugh. I need to calm down. Anyway, yeah I'm pretty sure anxiety causes my pimples. And also my bad genetics. My parents both has serious acne and had to go see derms to get their pimples removed and treated. Right now I have these tiny little bumps all over my forehead and it looks like little pimples. really embarassing.. Just thought I'd share.

I'm sorry about all your troubles... I hate acne, too. My girlfriend knows I workout a lot and feels me and stuff in... bed and such, and always encourages me to take my shirt off, but I never take off my shirt unless I can readily hide my bacne. It sucks... cause I want to show off! lol

And since you're starting to attempt to fix your acne so quickly, I think you'll find your answer soon enough, before you get old enough to have more serous acne. I started late, and my face acne is quite tame... maybe 3 pimples MAX at a time. Two mediums and a small one or something. But my back is another story. I'm currently trying the Gold Bond Body Powder stuff and I think it'll be a good choice for you, considering it comes from tight and oily conditions. Try it, maybe you'll find your answer! Good luck :)

stop eating bread and dairy for starters, you can put all the crap you want on your skin, but thats not stopping your body from producing the excess sebum

once you show some benefits from that, come back on the forum and start adding more changes such as: more diet changes, supplements, topicals, and cleansing habits

there are a few cheap solutions, you don't have any cysts just small mild bumps that shouldn't be hard to find a cure for.

as for a cleanser, a lot of people say that dove sensitive skin body wash works well for them, something you could probably get your mom to buy you becuz it doesn't sound too crazy and costs like 5 bucks.

many many people say vinegar works wonders for them. give it a try, some people use apple cidar vinegar and some people white vinegar whatever you have lying around i would say.

sea salt/epsom salt soaks. i use the dove body wash and then about every other day rub some of this stuff on in the shower then get out and let it sit for about 15 minutes then wash off. would be pretty harsh to apply the vinegar after this so i'd say use it on the days when you arnt using the salt. you can get this stuff at any drug store.

i personally am at a loss for what to do, i guess i should stick strictly with a regimine becuz i usually find if something doesnt start to work after 4 days i move on. but mine is a lot worse then yours so consider yourself lucky.