Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Im Nick

Scaring & Red Mark suggestion Body+face

Alright, so I've battled acne for years I'd say my acne was in the moderate/severe - severe range all the while I had it. I tried all the topicals and other perscriptions to no avail. I then finally became about 99.99% acne free as of about 4 or 5 months ago because of Accutane.

I have a big time problem now though. My shoulder area has pretty bad scaring and red marks left after having bad acne on them. They are hypertrophic and atrophic, and some have lightened and some are still very noticable.

I would love to have them somewhat less noticable for even taken care of if possible. anything that can help would be awesome. I was hoping you would have some suggestions for me as too what I should do about it, as far as: Supplements, creams, gels, peels, lasers, those silicon pad things, and any other treatment or natural remedies you know of. I've done a fair amount of research on various things, but I would love to hear your insight of suggestions on things I should use to treat the scars. Anything would be Great! thanks.

The pics on here are not me, but honestly these guys shoulders almost look identical to mine, we'll close, my right side is a lot more pleasent looking then the left. thanks again. :) Again my scars may differ from his in the fact that some of mine are more Hypertrophic or raised, my keloid like but not that bad. ;

post-83351-1245812053_thumb.jpg

post-83351-1245812068_thumb.jpg

post-83351-1245812053_thumb.jpg

post-83351-1245812068_thumb.jpg

For your hypertrophic and keloid scarring you could get steriod injections to flatten them out, and for the discoloration you could try creams (reinoid like retina) or a special cream prescribed by your derm, also there are various laser treatments avaliable now..one commonly known as the candela v-beam you can google it has before and after pics , but this is what my derm suggested to me for my back scars..your back scars are nothing compared to mine if yours look like that guys.. :( mine have consumed me...

Thanks for the suggestions BabyJac, I will look into the all of that.

well, I have more scars then that I suppose, but they have blended in with my skin tone for the most part, except for a few. I still dislike it, and hate taking my shirt of in public things...

is it the same way for you?

mine are really pink,..and yes i hate taking my shirt off i never do....i only have them on both sides of shoulders. at least ur a guy lol.