Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jastro

8 medicine for my face!

I'm new here. so please dont flame me if I have said something nubby

After buying an additional 2 other creams for my face yesterday i realized how much things I have to put on my face. and my sister told me to reduce some of the things I'm putting on because they might not do good for me and might even cause more breakouts.

so here's what I have for you guys.

3 kinds of soap. ginseng soap,acne soap, and proactiv cleansing.

i dont use all the of the at the same time, as for right now, i use the acne soap in the morning and ginseng soap at night.

then i use a toner until I start noticing my cotton ball not getting dark anymore.

I have question. what are those things on the cotton ball everytime I apply a toner, my cotton ball gets darker?

then I apply some oxygen gel foaming cleanser (which the spa lady told me, it will lighten my blemishes)

then at night I apply a bleaching cream and put it on my blemishes(which is new, one of the new medicines ive bought) and in the morning I apply this fruit acid cream on my face (has fruite acids, vitamin C and E in it) but I notice it makes my face more oilier and wonder if i should stop applying that.

before that, i used to apply proactive extra strength cream until I went here to the philippines and spa people made me buy 5 more things for my face.

so to get to the bottom line, i spend 30 minutes in the morning and 30 mins at night doing this damn chore on my face and i find it really redic.

Can you guys please give me some advise?

and I am looking forward to seeing a dermatologist this monday and god knows what else he would perscribe me on my face. but hopefully I can ask him to perscrive me accutane (what I have found all you guys recommending ppl) since I have oily skin. hopefully they have accutane here in the philippines

You may be over-treating your skin. In my own personal experience, and from what I've read on these boards, simple regimens are usually better, since they're easier on your skin.

If you could just narrow it down to one gentle cleanser to use, one treatment, and one gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer, I think your skin would be a lot happier.

And as for toner, why don't you give this article a read: http://www.ivillage.co.uk/beauty/skincare/..._182864,00.html

hmm what about a cleaner,toner, a proactiv lotion. would that do?

i dont want to put a moisterizer on my skin since it makes my skin more oilier

I'll be honest with you, I don't know much about ProActiv products. In the end, it's really up to you what you use on your skin. My advice was a gentle cleanser, a treatment, and a moisturizer (keep in mind that oily skin doesn't necessarily mean moisturized skin). And as for toner, did you read that article?

oops i didnt see that link you had posted. thanks for the link. and will def. throw out my toner out of my daily routine.

as for a moisterizer, im thinking of getting one and switchng into it from proactiv lotion, that i have been using for 6 months and am conscious if i dont apply it, i will break out, even though i still break out with it still being applied on. i will also stop using my fruit cream (has vitamin E and C) since it makes my skin more oilier. do you have any advice you can give me with me and the same lotion been using for 6 months?

i'm also thinking of taking accutane since i have very oily skin.

There's a list of good, gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizers here.

And if you're considering Accutane, please educate yourself on it. For some people, it's a godsend, and others have posted about experiencing mild to severe side effects that can crop up not only during the course, but, for some, years after. Read through some of the posts in these two threads--Positive Accutane Experiences and Negative Accutane Experiences--and do your own research, as well as discussing Accutane in depth with your dermatologist.

ooh man thanks for the links. i wont be looking forward to accutane now since its reallyt scary to what the side effects can do for one.

guess i will just stick to simple products and wait until my pimples/acne grow out of me.

Well, there are a lot of other options out there. There are hundreds of thousands of posts on these boards about the different treatments people use. Look around. Maybe you'll find something that'll work for you. Good luck. : )