Notifications
Clear all

Propecia stopped my acne

MemberMember
(@dc-man)

Posted : 06/23/2009 8:40 pm

Hi

I don't visit this website at all but I thought I might chime in now that I have been succesfull at stopping my facial acne. I started taking Propecia 3 months ago and my acne has completely stopped.

Propecia a drug that cuts DHT and 5-AR by 80% for the purpose of thinning hair. I am somewhat young, 28, but had suffered with facial acne since I was 10 years old. I don't think Propecia can be used by women because it can harm babies. I haven't had any side effects myself except some sexual function for the first week but there seems to be a paranoia but I think the vast majority of people who take it are fine.

I see a lot of people analyzing their food and stuff and making their lives miserable by thinking they can adjust their hormones. Genetics dominate everything, I don't care what anyone says.. if you're prone to acne, you will get it regardless of what you eat. I don't bother analyzing myself now.. I can eat what I want and I haven't had a zit in months. All it is is a pill a day. I don't like the idea of a pill either but its nice to save my hair and have no more zits as well.

MemberMember
(@dc-man)

Posted : 06/23/2009 8:47 pm

I should also mention that I still wash my face once daily with ProAktiv soap and some apricot scrub once a week but no more creams, no more moisturizers.. it works wonders!!!!!

I have heard people complain it makes situation worse if you have hyperandrogencity.. but for me its good.

There is also another prostate drug called Avodart which blocks 100% DHT but it seems to cause sterility and is not approved for uses other than BPH.

Hope this helps some guys

Hi

I don't visit this website at all but I thought I might chime in now that I have been succesfull at stopping my facial acne. I started taking Propecia 3 months ago and my acne has completely stopped.

Propecia a drug that cuts DHT and 5-AR by 80% for the purpose of thinning hair. I am somewhat young, 28, but had suffered with facial acne since I was 10 years old. I don't think Propecia can be used by women because it can harm babies. I haven't had any side effects myself except some sexual function for the first week but there seems to be a paranoia but I think the vast majority of people who take it are fine.

I see a lot of people analyzing their food and stuff and making their lives miserable by thinking they can adjust their hormones. Genetics dominate everything, I don't care what anyone says.. if you're prone to acne, you will get it regardless of what you eat. I don't bother analyzing myself now.. I can eat what I want and I haven't had a zit in months. All it is is a pill a day. I don't like the idea of a pill either but its nice to save my hair and have no more zits as well.

MemberMember
(@ctsharvey)

Posted : 12/14/2012 3:30 pm

hey dude,

how long after starting propecia did you notice any changes in your skin condition...acne & oil production?

thnx.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 12/15/2012 4:39 am

would saw palmetto have a similar affect?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/21/2012 10:34 pm

Hi

Many women have success here with spiro, but doctors won't prescribe it for men. Many men will be happy to know there is an alternative. Thanks for the info.