Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xlucyxcalledx

Aldactone.. stick with it!!

When I first started taking aldactone my dermatologist swore it would only take 6-8 weeks to take effect. But to my dismay, it took 5 months to do ANYTHING.. however, after the 5 months my skin miraculously became clear in a matter of days.. i have been on aldactone for about 8 months now, and since month 5, I haven't had one break out.. amazing!!!

So anyone in their first few months, stick with it! dont give up!!

The only downside is that i have pretty much lost my sex drive completely, but after struggling with my skin for so long its still worth it to me to have clear skin

When I first started taking aldactone my dermatologist swore it would only take 6-8 weeks to take effect. But to my dismay, it took 5 months to do ANYTHING.. however, after the 5 months my skin miraculously became clear in a matter of days.. i have been on aldactone for about 8 months now, and since month 5, I haven't had one break out.. amazing!!!

The only downside is that i have pretty much lost my sex drive completely, but after struggling with my skin for so long its still worth it to me to have clear skin

Awesome news...I have been reading your posts for a while. Congratulations...I wonder if added nutrition would help with the sex drive thing. I think the pill and possibly spiro seriously deplete your body of the B vitamins. I have my daughter taking a B-50 complex to try and ward off the side effects that seem to happen when they fully kick in.

That's awesome girl! Especially since I remember you posting around your 3 month mark (where I am now), saying it had done absolutely nothing for you - that gives me hope because I'm still struggling! Thanks x

That's awesome girl! Especially since I remember you posting around your 3 month mark (where I am now), saying it had done absolutely nothing for you - that gives me hope because I'm still struggling! Thanks x

Hi innerredhead

It took me just over 3 months on spiro at 100mg daily to fully clear my skin up. Literally went form broken out but improved skin to clear within four days. Hang in there you should see some results soon.

dizzyblonde

Dizzy - are you still on spiro? What side effects did you have?

Hi sonya

For the first 6 weeks just had the typical lightheadedness and odd dizziness. I did also lose alot of weight and looked quite scrawny! When upped to 100 mg (and still drinking lots of water) at the 3 months mark I had an extreme dizzy spell with shaking and fast heartbeat and extreme fatigue. The fatigue was the worst as I could hardly walk any distance. I stopped the spiro and have now been off for two weeks and am feelingbetter but am still not 100%.

Had blood tests but all were within range. But my doctor feels it was the spiro and all I can think off was that I was too dehydrated - but I drank loads!

Have just started Yasmin BCP - although it has spiro - like chemical in it it is at a very low level (25mg) so hopefully i will be fine.

dizzyblonde

Dizzy - are you still on spiro? What side effects did you have?

Hi sonya

For the first 6 weeks just had the typical lightheadedness and odd dizziness. I did also lose alot of weight and looked quite scrawny! When upped to 100 mg (and still drinking lots of water) at the 3 months mark I had an extreme dizzy spell with shaking and fast heartbeat and extreme fatigue. The fatigue was the worst as I could hardly walk any distance. I stopped the spiro and have now been off for two weeks and am feelingbetter but am still not 100%.

Had blood tests but all were within range. But my doctor feels it was the spiro and all I can think off was that I was too dehydrated - but I drank loads!

Have just started Yasmin BCP - although it has spiro - like chemical in it it is at a very low level (25mg) so hopefully i will be fine.

dizzyblonde

Dizzy - How much water do you think you drank during this time? How much water is optimal actually?

Hi, thanks for your advice! I was just wondering what was the dosage you took. Did you happen to change the dosage at all during the 8 months?

Thank you,

Helen