Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zxcv

post fractional non-ablative laser skin care question!!!

hello,

i just had my first starlux 1540 treatment this afternoon. i'm currently cooling down with ice packs and keeping hydrated but i have a question for how i should best care for my skin this evening.

the derm who did the treatment (and his nurse) said to for me to use a thin coat of petroleum jelly or aquaphor this evening after gently washing. i am fearful of a break out from using either of those those products so i called back and spoke with a different nurse who said using a regular moisturizer should be fine and only to spot treat areas that look red/broken wounds with the petroleum.

so my question for anyone who had fraxel or the palomar (like me).. should i use a thin coat of the petroleum or use my regular cerave cream????

help me!!!

hay!

I'm doing my treatment, same as yours, in July 7. Please keep me update of your post treatment :D

So, my derm told me to use "Cicaplast" to moisturize skin after the procedure.

As long the cream that you're using is not comedogenic i think will be fine (dont know this cream)

what was your laser settings ? Mj and passes?

best wishes!

I had ablative fractional CO2, very deep, similar to Fraxel Repair, and my plastic surgeon told me to use the Aquaphor. I was VERY hesitant, as I still have acne prone skin and had heard many people say that made them break out.

So post treatment, I used some "recovery oil" that consisted of some different healing oils, and only put the Aquaphor on the spots that were oozing the most. But by day 2, I realized the recovery oil was not moisturing my skin enough to help it heal. So I used a thin coat of the Aquaphor all over, and it felt SO MUCH BETTER! I did this until my skin was done healing, which was around day 5, and then I used the recovery oil and my regular moisturizer again. It did not make me break out at all.

Since I had a deeper treatment, my skin was probably damaged more than yours, mine took a full 7 days to be able to put make up on and go out.

My thoughts are, if you know your skin, you can tell if it needs more moisture! If you think it feels tight, then put a thin layer on and see how it feels. It definitley helps while the skin is healing.

I had ablative fractional CO2, very deep, similar to Fraxel Repair, and my plastic surgeon told me to use the Aquaphor. I was VERY hesitant, as I still have acne prone skin and had heard many people say that made them break out.

So post treatment, I used some "recovery oil" that consisted of some different healing oils, and only put the Aquaphor on the spots that were oozing the most. But by day 2, I realized the recovery oil was not moisturing my skin enough to help it heal. So I used a thin coat of the Aquaphor all over, and it felt SO MUCH BETTER! I did this until my skin was done healing, which was around day 5, and then I used the recovery oil and my regular moisturizer again. It did not make me break out at all.

Since I had a deeper treatment, my skin was probably damaged more than yours, mine took a full 7 days to be able to put make up on and go out.

My thoughts are, if you know your skin, you can tell if it needs more moisture! If you think it feels tight, then put a thin layer on and see how it feels. It definitley helps while the skin is healing.

hay!

I'm doing my treatment, same as yours, in July 7. Please keep me update of your post treatment :D

So, my derm told me to use "Cicaplast" to moisturize skin after the procedure.

As long the cream that you're using is not comedogenic i think will be fine (dont know this cream)

what was your laser settings ? Mj and passes?

best wishes!