Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TrevorB

Why does my foundation always turn out darker then the rest of my skin...

It's so annoying. I use the lightest shades too... maybe I'm just TOO pale...

But yea. I'm thinking of ordering Estee Lauder double wear foundation from their website, but I'm scared the same thing will happen again... and my face will look really messed up.

I did the foundation match thing they have on their website but i don't trust that either.

If anyone has a suggestion to find the perfect color match please tell me... I haven't left my house in like forever... =( (getting accutane really soon though!)

What brands have you used? Maybe in contrast to your neck the color is too dark. Try adding a little to your neck to balance things out. If that doesn't float your boat, try going to a makeup counter and asking for help finding your shade and even if you don't want to buy from that brand, you'll know what your shade is.

What brands have you used? Maybe in contrast to your neck the color is too dark. Try adding a little to your neck to balance things out. If that doesn't float your boat, try going to a makeup counter and asking for help finding your shade and even if you don't want to buy from that brand, you'll know what your shade is.

I've gotten the person working at the boutique to help me yet when i went hope it still looked darker... :/

My friend is *extremely* pale. She recently bought the lightest color of Loreal Colormatch and it works well. It looked white in the bottle and blended really well for her. If you're trying to cover acne, though, it may not be heavy enough.

I used to use Covergirl, and they seemed to have a good number of colors. I wouldn't recommend buying online - everytime I've done that, I always end up with the wrong color. :/

My friend is *extremely* pale. She recently bought the lightest color of Loreal Colormatch and it works well. It looked white in the bottle and blended really well for her. If you're trying to cover acne, though, it may not be heavy enough.

I used to use Covergirl, and they seemed to have a good number of colors. I wouldn't recommend buying online - everytime I've done that, I always end up with the wrong color. :/

I'm not big on cheap makeup, it sucks for me.

I think I'll just go to the boutique again when the other lady is working and ask her to help me.

I'm sure she'll understand my situation.

But yea, the thing is my skin is WAY too oily for anything else other then this specific foundation (that i know of) and they don't sell it in my area.

Why don't you buy a shade or two lighter than your regular skin? Most makeup gets darker throughout the day as it oxidizes, it's not something you can really help. As for trying out foundations, you should go around getting samples from companies you like and patch-test them - just apply swatches all over your face when you have a day off and let them sit for a day. This will save you the trouble of purchasing/returning things.

Exactly what I was going to say. Also, I have noticed that moisturizer can contribute to oxidization. I tend to have the same problem.

I don't think it's so much oxidation as the moisture that makes it darker. Afterall, if you pour water on a patch of dirt, it gets darker, no? I use MMU and it starts off a bit light, but then melds into my perfect shade after. Wet application, or spritzing with a facial spray afterwards helps this to occur faster.

Since you're comfortable with buying online, look into Everyday Minerals or Meow Cosmetics. Both have very light shades, and various degrees of coverage. Both are also all-natural, and won't cause breakouts.

EDM has a free sample kit, which includes 3 foundations, 1 concealer, and 1 blush. Shipping was only $4 to Canada.

Meow sells samples for $1 each, with a min. order of $7. They come in little baggies, so it is messier than EDM, which ships in sifter jars. Meow has more undertones though, and in my experience, has a better foundation, for my skin (super oily, large pores, acne-prone with scarring) anyways.

Both are really cheap, considering that a full-sized EDM foundation (equivalent to a Munchkin in Meow) lasts over a year. They do not expire.

Mine gets darker with my moisturizer too, it's so annoying. I was mixing a light foundation with a dark one and then realized that by the end of the day my face was orange/brown compared to my neck which is yellow right now for some reason. I'm Hispanic and I don't know why I am so many different colors on so many different parts of my body. I guess the sun doesn't hit my neck that often so it doesn't tan?

Anyway, I get paid this Friday and i'm going to try and get matched again. The last few times I have gone to get matched at MAC and Sephora, they did a terrible job. The lighting in the store is not natural light, so the foundation looks different. From the makeup tips I have read, they suggest you get matched and then go to your car and check your makeup in your car mirror to see if it matches your neck.