Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
josh987

Quinoderm 10% benzyl peroxide

ive only been using this for a few days and its already clearing up my skin a bit

only problems are if i swear the cream turns white and is visible,

has anyone else has any experience with the cream?

another question, if it does get rid of my mild acne, would it quickly come back if i didnt use the cream, so i should use the cream every day or just when i get spots?

thanks

You should probably look into getting a 2.5% or 5% BP--10% BP is too harsh.

2.5% BP is actually just as effective as 10% BP, but isn't nearly as drying and irritating as 10%.

And Benzoyl Peroxide is a treatment, not a cure, so yes, if you stop using it, your acne will return. By using BP every day, you can actually prevent new acne from forming, as opposed to waiting until new acne has formed and then just spot treating.

thanks,

using the 10%, i do not get irritated skin at all, but should i still move down to the 5%? it only comes in 10 and 5

another question is that if i moved down to 5% would it work less for me as im used to using the 10%?

thanks

thanks,

using the 10%, i do not get irritated skin at all, but should i still move down to the 5%? it only comes in 10 and 5

another question is that if i moved down to 5% would it work less for me as im used to using the 10%?

thanks

I'd suggest switching to the 5%, if possible. Better safe than sorry when it comes to irritating your skin (after all, irritation can lead to breakouts).

And no, like I said, 2.5% is actually where the efficacy of BP maxes out, so 5% and 10% are still only as effective as 2.5%--they just get more drying and irritating as the percentage rises.

thankyou, any other help advice still appreciated

will switch to 5% tommorow, i just hope my skin hasnt got used to the 10% so the 5 may not work aswell