Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
strange

Strange occurrence.

I had somewhat of a breakout about a week ago on a few different places on my body. I let it all be and near the end of the week it was righting itself. The Saturday that just passed I noticed a cyst-like deal developing about 3/4 of an inch above my eyebrows, center of my forehead. It's been slowly growing since then and encroaching on my eyelids and swelling around the nose bridge. The swelling makes it look like I've had my nose broken or undergone plastic surgery. The odd thing is I used to have a little cyst behind my ear that's been there for probably a couple of years that is now all but gone. The cyst on my forehead is apparently recruiting, pooling it's cystic resources to form a mega-cyst. I've done some hot compresses with a wash cloth and earlier today I applied some aspirin topically, as per instructions found all over internet, and I'm just getting a little impatient.

When exactly do cysts peak, that is to say, is there time frame on when growth will end? Am I looking at elephant man status? Should I be scouting bell towers for a new home? I don't want to go to the doctor. I'm somewhat of an anxious person so that's an unattractive prospect. Can taking aspirin orally help to manage the swelling? Could loading up on vitamin C help? Does anyone have any advice beyond "You should see a doctor."?

Edit: I also tried icing it. It didn't seem to have an effect.

What i learn abt cyst acne, the more u touch or mess around with it, the bigger it will get. I m still battling cyst acne on my face. Ever since i m on antibiotic, the cyst getting smaller. If its around my forehead area i just let it grow n eventually it burst by itself n only then i will gently squeeze the pus out. Got them in between my eyebrow too. Leave it alone. Its frustrating n also a torture.

I had somewhat of a breakout about a week ago on a few different places on my body. I let it all be and near the end of the week it was righting itself. The Saturday that just passed I noticed a cyst-like deal developing about 3/4 of an inch above my eyebrows, center of my forehead. It's been slowly growing since then and encroaching on my eyelids and swelling around the nose bridge. The swelling makes it look like I've had my nose broken or undergone plastic surgery. The odd thing is I used to have a little cyst behind my ear that's been there for probably a couple of years that is now all but gone. The cyst on my forehead is apparently recruiting, pooling it's cystic resources to form a mega-cyst. I've done some hot compresses with a wash cloth and earlier today I applied some aspirin topically, as per instructions found all over internet, and I'm just getting a little impatient.

When exactly do cysts peak, that is to say, is there time frame on when growth will end? Am I looking at elephant man status? Should I be scouting bell towers for a new home? I don't want to go to the doctor. I'm somewhat of an anxious person so that's an unattractive prospect. Can taking aspirin orally help to manage the swelling? Could loading up on vitamin C help? Does anyone have any advice beyond "You should see a doctor."?

Edit: I also tried icing it. It didn't seem to have an effect.

"Oh gee, I have this horrible cyst on my forehead...I don't know what to do...I don't want to go to the doctor"....Well, if your leg was broken, wouldn't you go to the doctor? Unless you have some religious or financial reason for not seeking medical help, it really becomes quite difficult for me to sympathize with your current situation. A doctor might be able to inject your cyst and make it go away, if it is an acne cyst or he or she might put you on a course of antibiotics which might clear things up, or barring those things might lance the cyst (assuming that it is cystic acne) and remove all the pus and debris that is accumulating there. These are effective treatments. Also you might want to read the sticky on what to do with a cyst as it is good advice.

There are options, and by choosing not to pursue a medical one, but instead rely on the advice of laypersons who frequently have no more knowledge of the subject than you do, is just inviting yourself for more difficulties, in my opinion. I'm sorry if I seem harsh, but like I said, unless you have religious or financial reasons for not going to the doctor, then you are taking the risk that you will not get effective treatment.

Good luck to you,

Joe Zit