Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 of the steps in Proactive are 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide... From what i've read here on the forums it seems like just about everyone who has gotten clearing using dan's regimen has also tried proactive before hand it had never worked for them...

What's this mean?

Me personally proactive never worked for me either... It would only make the redness go down and if I stopped using it i would have 5 times worse acne then before I started using it...

It sounds like chemical products aren't working for you at all.... Maybe they are too harsh for your skin. BP is good if you have REALLY oily skin, as it drys it and almost "strips" the skin back, but it is very, very harsh.

Have you tried any mild, natural, organic cleansers/moisturizers? Vitamins?

Honestly, I always felt like the reason that Proactiv didn't work for me was because of the harsh cleanser. And BP certainly isn't for everyone. Have you talked to a dermatologist?

I haven't gone to a derm... but it clears up my redness and kind of slows down the process of more pimples but as soon as I stop using it I break out 20x more than I was already broken out before I started using it...

I'm using 10% clean and clear BP right now and it is clearing up redness and reducing alot of my pimples already

I've used it for about a year. I wouldn't say it has cleared up my skin completely but I've noticed I don't get the pimples that make my face sore and its not as red.

I have used proactive for over 2 years. I have oily skin, and proactive did help me breakout less. Proactive never dried my skin and I was still getting very oily face. I didnt clear my face but helped reduce the amount. My face got immune to it and I started breaking out lots.

So then I went to my extethician and she gave me Obagi Clenziderm normal to oily skin. I'm on a complete week, BIG difference! I'm actually starting to clear up!

my main point though i guess was

Proactive is mainly 2.5% BP

so is dan's

why does dan's work and proactive's doesn't?

i'm wondering if I should buy dan's like right now but i don't want to keep wasting money...

Don't waste your money on proactiv, it's a joke! If anything it may work for some people or those with very light acne, but if you have moderate-severe go to your dermatologist.

I've never tried dan's regimen but I bet it's better than proactiv.