Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FP9

My Accutane Battle

I am nearing the end of my 2nd month on Accutane, and things arent going well.

The first month, while on 40 mg, I saw a general reduction of my acne, mostly the redness.

At my 1 month checkup, my derm bumped me up to 80 mg. I was excited to finally get this going and get rid of all of my acne. Unfortunately, my acne has only gotten worse, maybe worse than before I got on accutane.

Prior to today, I wasnt aware of the negative side effects of picking at my skin to either pop a zit or try to. So, that may have contributed to this. Either way, the accutane is not working and I am losing confidence in its ability to work.

I want to try the acne.org regimen but I dont think it would be good to do both at once.

Help me out here guys...

Also, what do I do now instead of popping zits like I used to? And what is this ice treatment that I hear about?

Try taking sea salt baths. I was a picker for many years and sea salt baths were the perfect remedy for my acne AND my picking obsession because they would naturally draw out all that stuff in my pores that was driving me crazy and making me break out so I didn't have to. And if you have a bath tub you can do it in a relaxing environment. Try dead sea salt on your body-it's too harsh for your face. Try Clarisea salts for your face. Good luck!

I am nearing the end of my 2nd month on Accutane, and things arent going well.

The first month, while on 40 mg, I saw a general reduction of my acne, mostly the redness.

At my 1 month checkup, my derm bumped me up to 80 mg. I was excited to finally get this going and get rid of all of my acne. Unfortunately, my acne has only gotten worse, maybe worse than before I got on accutane.

Prior to today, I wasnt aware of the negative side effects of picking at my skin to either pop a zit or try to. So, that may have contributed to this. Either way, the accutane is not working and I am losing confidence in its ability to work.

I want to try the acne.org regimen but I dont think it would be good to do both at once.

Help me out here guys...

Also, what do I do now instead of popping zits like I used to? And what is this ice treatment that I hear about?

Be patient. This is the purging effect of tane. When my dose was upped from 40mg to 80mg in my 2nd month, I got a cluster of big painful zits on my cheeks which I never had before tane. But everything started to slowly improve from the 3rd month. Hang in there and don't pick. While on tane the skin is very sensitive and fragile and easily scarred.

trust me, the accutane is definitely working if you are having really bad breakouts right now. my second month i was upped to 80 and my skin absolutely erupted!!!!!!! it seemed terrible and i thought it would NEVER get better. now, after an 8 mo. course on accutane, my skin is finally clear!! you just have to hang in there and not give up... trust me, it is definitely worth it!!