Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MarifreakinA

Maybe someone can help me...I'm about to go nuts.

Guest MarifreakinA

Okay I'm going to be honest.

I'm totally freaking stressed out!

I'm so scared that I'm going to lose my job right now and it really makes me want to cry.

I'm so stressed that I'm yelling at my boyfriend for no reason and my acne breakouts are horrible, so that doesn't help my stress level.

My boyfriend said I've been stressed out since graduation; I told him he was an idiot because I was excited to graduate, but he said that it was part of my unconscious.

Can break outs happen because of the unconscious?

I've been trying to do everything right, and for a while my break outs were going away, until graduation when they started coming back.

I can't eat dairy because it makes me break out, but I've been cheating and had a milkshake a few days ago and had ice cream last night. I know what I did wrong so now I'm scared that it's going to break me out.

I'm also wondering if weather can affect my break outs, it's been horribly disgusting here, we haven't seen the sun in days, and I'm the type of person where if it's a cloudy, depressing day, then I feel the same way.

Just someone please help answer my questions, I know you're not doctors but I really need an opinion. I want to go to the derm so bad but it costs so much money that I don't have right now.

Hi, I think your breakout has been caused by psychological stress. I've just gone through exactly the same thing, (however instead of graduating i've just finished my 2nd year in college for the summer) and although not feeling stressed - i'm pretty sure that my breakout is linked somehow to all the commotion that has been going on and that's probably why you are breaking out too. - so yes, I would agree with your boyfriend, but don't take it out on him or yourself. It's nobody's fault.

Just seriously chill out, try doing some meditating in the mornings and evenings, and just sit and quietly contemplate things, don't think about acne or spots, or your face or anything, just take your mind off of it.

Also, never feel guilty about anything you eat! It's not PROVEN that dairy gives you acne (even though it's put me off eating/drinking it).

At the end of the day you can actually DEMAND to see a dermatologist from your Doctor, but I think you should give it a few weeks, and relax and just enjoy your summer. Maybe you could try yoga or something? Also, caffeine contributes to stress levels a lot, and a lot of it is psychological stress that you don't even realize you have.

So yes, enjoy your summer, chill out, relax, and well done on Graduating!!!

Maria,

First, stress can't overpower proper skin care. Whiteheads die easily with some salicylic acid. Try Paula's Choice 2% BHA Lotion (or Gel).

Also, telling someone to not get stressed is like telling someone to not think of a white bear, they are going to worry about getting stressed, which is not fun. Who cares if you have a few whiteheads?

Personality ALWAYS overpowers acne. I have dated the three hottest girls in my life while I was broken out because I am calm and confident. Fuck acne, I am still me.

I think you are stressed and you have acne, but I do not think you have acne because you are stressed. Then take my initial advice and try Paula's Choice. You should see results with just the samples.

Maria,

First, stress can't overpower proper skin care. Whiteheads die easily with some salicylic acid. Try Paula's Choice 2% BHA Lotion (or Gel).

Also, telling someone to not get stressed is like telling someone to not think of a white bear, they are going to worry about getting stressed, which is not fun. Who cares if you have a few whiteheads?

Personality ALWAYS overpowers acne. I have dated the three hottest girls in my life while I was broken out because I am calm and confident. Fuck acne, I am still me.

I think you are stressed and you have acne, but I do not think you have acne because you are stressed. Then take my initial advice and try Paula's Choice. You should see results with just the samples.

I agree, except I recommend the 2% BHA liquid from PC.