Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thesweatyfox

Could i have possibly have Pityrosporum Folliculitis on my chest?

Since clearing my diet up the acne on my face and back has cleared up tonnes, i have no new spots on my face and only one little one on my back...horay!!!

However the stuff on my chest is still quite persistant...i have loads these teeny tiny things and a couple inflamed things...could it be that this is Pityrosporum Folliculitis and this is why is is not responding in the same way as the rest of my acne? I am quite suspicious and i quite often get an itchy scalp as well.

How do i truely tell if this is what I have rather than just acne...should i go back to my doctor? The last 2 time's i went to the derm they didn't even bother examining my face let alone look at my back or chest they just tried to write me a perscription for roccutane/antibiotics which i kindly declined so I don't have much faith in them to be honest!

How is this treated..are there any holistic ways or do I have to use meds?

Thanks

Have you ever taken antibiotics for your skin condition? Or any antibiotics in general?

Maybe the sugar from the fruit is still feeding the infection? I'm assuming here that you may be suffering from a yeast infection.

Anyways, it's good to hear that the diet is clearing up your face and back. I would save my money from a doctor visit you know they will just throw the drugs at you. I use tea tree oil from time to time that may help. I would suggest buying some sea salt specifically for the bath and soak in in. It will make a huge difference in your skin! You can even add a few drops of tea tree oil as well.

Good day,

Jeff