Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
krissyjo

washing makeup off in middle of day

sometimes i really want to wash my face in the middle of the day because my makeup looks so bad (it cakes up bc of the dry skin/acne/peeling from being new to the regimen). i know i'm not supposed to wash more than twice a day, but i really feel the urge to wash and start over. any suggestions or advice for this?

Have you tried adding jojoba oil into your moisturizer prior to applying it? It does help with the flakiness.

I also suggest a facial mist like Evian Facial Water spray to perk up your makeup and combat dryness without having to totally wash your face. Depending how "bad" it is, if it is just a little flakes then you can just spray it on, then dab at the excess droplets with a clean handkerchief or tissue. It's great for hydrating.

sometimes i really want to wash my face in the middle of the day because my makeup looks so bad (it cakes up bc of the dry skin/acne/peeling from being new to the regimen). i know i'm not supposed to wash more than twice a day, but i really feel the urge to wash and start over. any suggestions or advice for this?

Even if you start over, it will eventually look the same. When I was doing the regimen full on, I went through the same thing, and sometimes when I had to go out I did start over, but my makeup looked the same after a few hours. Unless you get rid of the flakes completely and your skin is moisturized then there's no way around it. I use the baby brush method to try and get rid of flakes and I sometimes exfoliate manually with jojoba oil, but no matter how hard I try to get rid of flakes they still persist if I use BP. I just end up giving my skin a break and don't use any topicals except for my cleanser and then I moisturize and keep exfoliating. Once the flakes are down to a minimum then I resume using a thin layer of BP. For me, it's all about giving my skin a break if it needs it.