Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnejean

Avoiding food allergies help the most

I got my blood tested for food allergies earlier this year and it's been a couple months of removing the foods. For me it's:

wheat (cut out of diet)

oats

rice

tomatoes

strawberries (don't eat anyways)

corn (don't eat anyways)

dairy (didn't come up on test but i know i am)

I used to eat a lot of whole wheat but after I would eat it, I would get a sinus headache right between my eyes and my nose would feel clogged. I never thought much but it would explain the massive break outs I would get after eating. Wheat was the only food who gave those symptoms to ME. Not everyone has an allergy to wheat. I do not have Celiac disease btw.

I felt find eating rice and oats but I avoid oats since he said it was the highest on my list.

I noticed that when I ate tomato sauce I would break out. Once I stopped eating that my break outs lessened.

None of the food allergies listed made me break out in hives or throat closing type deal. They will create inflammation in your body though so it's best to avoid.

You can go to your regular doctor and request an allergy test. For me, he gave me a referral and the allergist performed the tests. First is the back prick test with the food enzymes on it. If it creates inflammation, then you're allergic. If there are any doubts, they will draw blood at another office.

I'm planning to get a test done as well, but here aren't any good ones I think. What do you guys think about the ones that ask you to mail your blood to them?

I'm planning to get a test done as well, but here aren't any good ones I think. What do you guys think about the ones that ask you to mail your blood to them?

Huh? There aren't any good ones? They're all the same. Just go to your doctor and ask. Mine was covered by my insurance and it normally doesn't cover anything.

I highly doubt its really food allergies but more likely elevated blood sugar levels. If you consumed a carbohydrate with the same glycemic value and carbohydrate content as wheat, and replaced it everywhere you ate wheat i wouldn't be surprised to see you acne stay exactly the same.

I highly doubt its really food allergies but more likely elevated blood sugar levels. If you consumed a carbohydrate with the same glycemic value and carbohydrate content as wheat, and replaced it everywhere you ate wheat i wouldn't be surprised to see you acne stay exactly the same.

How Do Food Allergies Cause Acne?

Food allergies are the number one cause of acne, and the worse the acne the more likely food allergies are involved. Eating a food to which the body is allergic leads to a continuous toxic reaction. In such a case the immune system fights the food as if it were an invading organism. This can cause inflammation in the skin (and many other conditions), as well as the need to eliminate the toxin.